Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Urias

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Urias

Just a heads up, Julio Urias has been called up. Top two pitching prospect in the game along with Giolito. He has something along the lines of a 0.90 ERA in his last 20innings in AAA.
    He will be starting tomorrow for the Dodgers, and I recommend adding him in any league in which he is still available.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Urias

I echo this. He has been a top prospect since he was 16yrs old, and he’s 19 right now. I picked him up in my one and I’m not sure if I’ll use a WW on him or Giolito in my other.

This is like, Mich Marner coming up mid season. But being a top center every 5th day. To start, his future depends on how the Dodgers want to use him, and kinda sounds like he may come out of the pen when Woods comes back
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Is this just a tester seeing as Ryu is coming back soon??

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Is this just a tester seeing as Ryu is coming back soon??
    I think with Wood and Ryu coming back at a certain point, he will probably be stuck in the bullpen, like 2014OG said. But he also has the talent to just take over a rotation spot and pushes the other guys to the bullpen.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you're in a yearly league not worth the price as his innings limit will be in the 120s since he has never gone over 87 and right now he's at 41. If you are in a full on dynasty with no minors I would grab immediately because next year he should be in the 160s. If you are in a dynasty with a full on minors and he's available ya'll idiots.

As for me I own him and he's stashed in my minors I'm not bringing him up until next year because it will eventually be a wasted roster spot.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Immortal

I am disappointed I have zero shares of him

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I am disappointed I have zero shares of him
    If he disappoints tomorrow, then that's the time to buy.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If he disappoints tomorrow, then that's the time to buy.
    No wait till he goes to the Pen, in a dynasty if a contender has him and he's on the active roster I try to gobble him up. Top 30 arm and Top 15 closer should do when it's time for playoffs.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    No wait till he goes to the Pen, in a dynasty if a contender has him and he's on the active roster I try to gobble him up. Top 30 arm and Top 15 closer should do when it's time for playoffs.
    Completely fair. There's no one right answer, and I could definitely see that working. Just as long as you don't wait too long and miss out if he doesn't end up in the bullpen.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Completely fair. There's no one right answer, and I could definitely see that working. Just as long as you don't wait too long and miss out if he doesn't end up in the bullpen.
    He's pen bound, I've owned him for 3 years now and have monitored his innings there's no way they push him past 130 IP. I'm in a deep baseball league 12 team with 10 minors slotted. Last year my summer teenage pick ups were Robles and Espinoza.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

Dobber Sports Titan

He's pen bound, I've owned him for 3 years now and have monitored his innings there's no way they push him past 130 IP. I'm in a deep baseball league 12 team with 10 minors slotted. Last year my summer teenage pick ups were Robles and Espinoza.
    I don't doubt you know what you're talking about, and I have heard the 130inning cap as well. I own him in a very deep baseball keeper too (20 team + up to 25 prospects). I was more thinking if they end up having him as a starter and capping him at 5 innings every start (pulling Wood/Ryu out of the pen for another 3 innings kind of thing) or if he dominates in 5 starts and then gets sent back down. Just trying to provide some different views to be able to provoke some new thought lines and cover all the bases.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't doubt you know what you're talking about, and I have heard the 130inning cap as well. I own him in a very deep baseball keeper too (20 team + up to 25 prospects). I was more thinking if they end up having him as a starter and capping him at 5 innings every start (pulling Wood/Ryu out of the pen for another 3 innings kind of thing) or if he dominates in 5 starts and then gets sent back down. Just trying to provide some different views to be able to provoke some new thought lines and cover all the bases.
    500 prospects that is insane, he's up for good unless he absolutely sucks their pen is trash.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

Dobber Sports Titan

500 prospects that is insane, he's up for good unless he absolutely sucks their pen is trash.
    Most teams don't have a full prospect roster, but I quite agree it is. There are a good amount of prospects owned that I have never heard of haha.
    And alright, I'm holding you to that. I'm hoping for a full year in the majors for him from here on out.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well that first appearance didn't go well…
    I apologize to anyone who picked him up on my word looking for a decent spot start in one year leagues

Dobber Sports Immortal

He's back up already. I just picked him up to stash now.