Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4th Overall. Dubois or Tkachuk?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: 4th Overall. Dubois or Tkachuk?

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post
    I like the ceiling of Tkachuk better
    Same
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm a bit surprised at the heavy bias for Tkachuk, with the reason commonly cited that he would be better in a multi-cat league. In addition to being a scorer Dubois is a shooter, a hitter, and has a greater potential to play C and hence collect FOW (I realize this is not a cat in Rookie's league).

I've never seen either player live, but based on all the intel available it would seem that Dubois is the better choice, although I think it's a coin flip.

Dobber Sports Stud

The separation between these two players is razor thin. For some time I've thought Tkachuk would be a more impactful player at the NHL-level in real life, but that his ceiling is that of a Scott Hartnell-type. I can see 30/35 seasons with plenty of grit and leadership. He's a player who makes others around him better.

PLD has some better offensive tools, a bigger frame and plays a more old-school game. He can score in any number of ways, while Tkachuk is more of a hash-marks down type of player with great distribution skills.

PLD has top line skills, and while he's played centre this year, I think he's likely a LW in the NHL. The Jamie Benn comparisons are apt, but everything would have to fall right and then some to get into that 80-90 point territory. Obviously.

As others have said, if Edmonton grabs Tkachuk, I'd like him over PLD as he'll be lining up with a real top notch centre sooner rather than later. Vancouver is a black hole these days (very sad to say, as they're my home team) but PLD lining up with Boeser down the road should be formidable so don't discount him outright if he does go to VanCity.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I have the same decision with the 4th pick. I'll be taking Tkachuk unless the Oilers trade him to an undesirable location.