Thread: My Cano+Price+1stRDer for his Moncada+Tehran+1stRDer

Dobber Sports Novice

Default My Cano+Price+1stRDer for his Moncada+Tehran+1stRDer

GM approached me asking for Cano he needs a 2B. He's primed for a run at the chip 5-2 in 2nd place so his 1st would be in the #8-10 range. I asked for Cano for Moncada straight up.

I'm really banking on Moncada being a stud for multiple years (like cano was). But am i thinking too highly of him? Is this giving up too much if he potentially is a bust? He also has Profar but I'm high balling him and don't wanna 'settle' for less.

I'm pretty much in a total rebuild with limited assets moving forward (lindor mazara ODBherrera barreto kolek giles). But i am worried if i do this deal i screw myself out of my pick i sucked for.

Sitting in 2nd to last place but pretty hot of late (started 1-4 will be 3-5 after this week) but my 1st will prob be in the #1-4 range most likely #2-3.

Any input is appreciated and will respond.
    Dynasty Keeper League G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG W,Svs,SO,GAA,Save%

F: Zetterberg, H Sedin, Wheeler, Landeskog, Schiefele, Nyquist, Marleau, VanReimsdyk*, Lucic, Komarov, Lee, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, Rakell, Lindholm, Nylander, Zacha, Pulkinnen
    D: Weber, OEL, Hedman, Markov, Brodie, Vatanen
    G: Rask, M. Jones, Elliott*, Smith*, Domingue, Reimer, Lack

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: My Cano+Price+1stRDer for his Moncada+Tehran+1stRDer

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePotatoes View Post
    GM approached me asking for Cano he needs a 2B. He's primed for a run at the chip 5-2 in 2nd place so his 1st would be in the #8-10 range. I asked for Cano for Moncada straight up.

I'm really banking on Moncada being a stud for multiple years (like cano was). But am i thinking too highly of him? Is this giving up too much if he potentially is a bust? He also has Profar but I'm high balling him and don't wanna 'settle' for less.

I'm pretty much in a total rebuild with limited assets moving forward (lindor mazara ODBherrera barreto kolek giles). But i am worried if i do this deal i screw myself out of my pick i sucked for.

Sitting in 2nd to last place but pretty hot of late (started 1-4 will be 3-5 after this week) but my 1st will prob be in the #1-4 range most likely #2-3.

Any input is appreciated and will respond.
    First off, which Price is this? That makes a big difference.

My thought is no. You can do better for Cano if you were to shop him around the league. If you're in rebuild mode, then dropping in the first round is also not a great idea. Also wondering what those picks would be worth for example (number of keepers and teams in league).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

David Price

So you think I'm valuing Moncada too high or Cano too low? I know it seems like I'm giving up a ton of talent w david price and cano but both are over 30
    Dynasty Keeper League G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG W,Svs,SO,GAA,Save%

F: Zetterberg, H Sedin, Wheeler, Landeskog, Schiefele, Nyquist, Marleau, VanReimsdyk*, Lucic, Komarov, Lee, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, Rakell, Lindholm, Nylander, Zacha, Pulkinnen
    D: Weber, OEL, Hedman, Markov, Brodie, Vatanen
    G: Rask, M. Jones, Elliott*, Smith*, Domingue, Reimer, Lack

Dobber Sports Titan

I think you have good reason to be high on Moncada, but for Cano and Price? No thank you. I wouldn't reccomend it even without the picks included.
    Cano for Moancada and Teheran would be closer to what I would expect.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePotatoes View Post
    David Price

So you think I'm valuing Moncada too high or Cano too low? I know it seems like I'm giving up a ton of talent w david price and cano but both are over 30
    This seems like WAY too much for a prospect like Moncada. I have no doubt that he will make it to the majors and likely be pretty darn good but there's no way I'm giving up that much current talent for the possibility Moncada becomes great. If I was dealing Cano and Price I would want multiple prospects back with similar upside to Moncada.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheNugeCooge View Post
    This seems like WAY too much for a prospect like Moncada. I have no doubt that he will make it to the majors and likely be pretty darn good but there's no way I'm giving up that much current talent for the possibility Moncada becomes great. If I was dealing Cano and Price I would want multiple prospects back with similar upside to Moncada.
    Thanks for the backup on that one. Glad we're of the same mind that a much bigger package is needed.