Thread: Cano for Syndergaard

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Cano for Syndergaard

Straight across deal. I deal Cano and Rich Hill in return for Syndergaard and Jackie Bradley Jr. The only problem is i would be without a 2B...
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Cano for Syndergaard

A couple of your SP have started off slow, so I can see the huge appeal of Syndergaard. If you can wait on this deal another week or two until Travis gets back, then I would, and at that point probably take it.
    A few questions:
    why do you have Bradley Jr coming back when you already have 6 OF?
    Who is available in FA at 2B to fill in if you made the deal now?
    Is there any chance of you getting the opposing team's 2B included in the deal at the cost of one of your extra OF?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I echo Our Eskimo Brother's comments. I wouldn't be making this deal unless I had a 2b man coming back. I think you immediate hurt yourself at one position in order to help another (but like EB said, you're P's started slow and should experience some market correction to the good). Noah would help solidify your starting core, but will it be enough to make up the difference for you whole at 2b?

If you can get a serviceable 2b back or elsewhere immediately? Then I'm more inclined to support this move for you.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He has Dozier at 2B.. Who i do not want.

Neil Walker/Steve Pierce/Panik/Castro/Duffy are all available on waivers. Any of who could replace my 2B without me worrying TOO much. He said he might even drop Dozier for Walker. So i guess Dozier would be there as well potentially.

My batting has tons of power. My pitching is weaker which is why I'm okay with losing Cano for a superstar pitcher.

The reason JBJ is in the deal is because he's not willing to put in anyone else. And because JBJ is better than V Martinez and B McCann, he's the best option coming back. So he's just another batter i could keep or trade in another deal . . . While he's still hot
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by oilspill23 View Post
    He has Dozier at 2B.. Who i do not want.

Neil Walker/Steve Pierce/Panik/Castro/Duffy are all available on waivers. Any of who could replace my 2B without me worrying TOO much. He said he might even drop Dozier for Walker. So i guess Dozier would be there as well potentially.

My batting has tons of power. My pitching is weaker which is why I'm okay with losing Cano for a superstar pitcher.

The reason JBJ is in the deal is because he's not willing to put in anyone else. And because JBJ is better than V Martinez and B McCann, he's the best option coming back. So he's just another batter i could keep or trade in another deal . . . While he's still hot
    That all makes sense. Travis just got called up, so maybe it is a good deal to make. You can then see what you can get for an OF, whether it be another bat, a second baseman, or a solid SP.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Thumbs up from me. Makes sense on your side and BradleyJr is gravy if he keeps it up IMO
    Dynasty Keeper League G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG W,Svs,SO,GAA,Save%

F: Zetterberg, H Sedin, Wheeler, Landeskog, Schiefele, Nyquist, Marleau, VanReimsdyk*, Lucic, Komarov, Lee, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, Rakell, Lindholm, Nylander, Zacha, Pulkinnen
    D: Weber, OEL, Hedman, Markov, Brodie, Vatanen
    G: Rask, M. Jones, Elliott*, Smith*, Domingue, Reimer, Lack