Thread: Ryan Ellis

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Ryan Ellis

Have a chance to acquire him for the league in my sig. While he wouldn't be a starter he is still young and would be a good addition.

Do you see Ellis improving on his point totals? What worries me is that hes behind Weber and Josi so not sure he will be able to reach his potential playing on PP2.

I would be giving up Bjugstad in the deal
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Ryan Ellis

Ellis (Not behind Weber/Josi)

Bjugstad
    Ellis (Current situation)

^That's the way I see it. So based on if you think the top scenario plays out, I like the deal. If it's me, I'm probably standing pat for now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, unless Ellis' situation changes (Weber and his large cap hit is dealt?), it's hard to put his value above Bjugstad's.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Might be able to squeeze timo Meier out of him as well if I include Ladd. Not sure id ever start Ladd with my forwards. Does this change anything?
    12 Team HTH Keeper

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldn't. Looking at your roster, Im not sure why you are so horny to acquire Ellis. Your D looks pretty good as it is with the exception of Lindholm.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldn't. Looking at your roster, Im not sure why you are so horny to acquire Ellis. Your D looks pretty good as it is with the exception of Lindholm.
    I think because his bench consists of 9F, 1D and 4G, he is looking to balance that a little. Ellis is a nice piece as the 5-6 defenceman on that team in my opinion.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think because his bench consists of 9F, 1D and 4G, he is looking to balance that a little. Ellis is a nice piece as the 5-6 defenceman on that team in my opinion.
    This is the reason. I'm still leaning towards not making it. I like Bjugstads potential and feel his value is at a low point after last seasons injuries
    12 Team HTH Keeper

Dobber Sports Deity

If you think this is what's best for your fantasy team then you have to make that decision. To me, it feels like reaching in this trade to simply fill a position need (which you don't really need, you just want to fill it).

If it's me, I keep shopping. It's not like the new season starts in the next week and you are pressed for time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."