Jeffery ($10)
    Watkins ($41)
    Landry ($4)
    Michael Floyd ($3)
    Jordan Matthews ($3)
    Josh Gordon ($3)

TE
    Eifert ($3)

12 teams, total keeper budget is $400, so I will have $64 for draft. My team is pretty loaded compared to a lot of other teams, but I am admittedly weak at QB.

Would it be a good idea to send CJ Anderson ($24) and Jonathan Stewart ($6) for Russell Wilson ($5)? We can keep players for as many years as we want at a 10% price escalation.

Pros for trade: Big upgrade at QB, Wilson will be valuable for a long time while the RBs will likely lose value in 2-5 years, Wilson's job security is much stronger than either RB's.
    Cons for trade: Losing a third of my RB depth including 2 presumed 2016 starters, Anderson could end up being a total stud at a cheap contract (Good RBs are super expensive at draft), Wilson's first half of 2015 could be more real than his 2nd half.

Thoughts??

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: CJ Anderson and Jonathan Stewart for Russell Wilson? REP

If you think the RBs are replaceable enough at the draft with the money you save, then I would do it. Nice to have a consistant QB locked up for a while too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah... that is the problem. RBs are in pretty serious demand. Here's a list of RBs drafted last year:

McCoy $127
    Gurley $106
    Morris $100
    Gordon $90
    Duke Johnson $71
    Abdullah $69
    Cobb $49
    McFadden $44
    David Johnson $29
    Charles Sims $26
    Ronnie Hillman $24
    Artis-Payne $22
    Ajayi $1
    K Williams $1

- - - Updated - - -

Anderson could end up fizzling out and losing his job entirely in a few years or less.... or at his cost he could end up being worth his weight in gold for the next 5-7 years.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd decline. I'd find a smaller trade involving Demarco, or I'd just outright drop DeMarco and Gio. Those two aren't worth 25% of your cap. Also I have no issues rolling with Dalton as my starting QB.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'd decline. I'd find a smaller trade involving Demarco, or I'd just outright drop DeMarco and Gio. Those two aren't worth 25% of your cap. Also I have no issues rolling with Dalton as my starting QB.
    Thanks for the input. So I take it you don't particularly like Gio's chances of landing a lead back role somewhere next offseason? That's the main reason I'm planning to keep him at present. If he was a starter then the $52 he would cost next year would be a bargain. I liked Murray for $60 a lot more before they drafted Henry than I do now. My plan was to draft Henry so that I have the Titans backfield locked down. Although I suppose it is not the most valuable backfield to own...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Thanks for the input. So I take it you don't particularly like Gio's chances of landing a lead back role somewhere next offseason? That's the main reason I'm planning to keep him at present. If he was a starter then the $52 he would cost next year would be a bargain. I liked Murray for $60 a lot more before they drafted Henry than I do now. My plan was to draft Henry so that I have the Titans backfield locked down. Although I suppose it is not the most valuable backfield to own...
    I don't think he has the frame to be a starter, even if he is signed for that role.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah... that is the problem. RBs are in pretty serious demand. Here's a list of RBs drafted last year:

McCoy $127
    Gurley $106
    Morris $100
    Gordon $90
    Duke Johnson $71
    Abdullah $69
    Cobb $49
    McFadden $44
    David Johnson $29
    Charles Sims $26
    Ronnie Hillman $24
    Artis-Payne $22
    Ajayi $1
    K Williams $1

- - - Updated - - -

Anderson could end up fizzling out and losing his job entirely in a few years or less.... or at his cost he could end up being worth his weight in gold for the next 5-7 years.
    Having seen some comparable prices, I'm inclined to change my opinion and say keep the RBs. QB is probably a position you can fill elsewhere, even if it is a start 2 QB over 30 teams.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

If RBs are that high of a demand, you should be shooting for higher value QB. I don't care if they are Mid/Low RB2s, Wilson isn't enough of an upgrade here on Dalton or Tyrod to merit the RB assets you're giving up.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    If RBs are that high of a demand, you should be shooting for higher value QB. I don't care if they are Mid/Low RB2s, Wilson isn't enough of an upgrade here on Dalton or Tyrod to merit the RB assets you're giving up.
    Interesting perspective. Wilson has been a top 10 QB in our league's scoring for the past four years, and placed 3rd last year. But maybe I am overvaluing him due to his age, low cost, and his ridiculous 2nd half of last season which may not be an accurate indicator of his level of play going forward.

All three of you guys have given me something to think about. At this point I am no longer considering the Anderson/Stewart for Wilson trade. I am going to keep Gurley, Miller, Anderson, Stewart for sure. The cheap contracts of Miller, Anderson and Stewart help to offset Gurley's very high cost and make my average cost per RB more reasonable, so it doesn't make sense to move them. I will look into the possibility of trading Murray/Bernard for an upgrade at QB or depth at WR/TE but only if I can get serious value in the trade. If not then I will probably go the route that Eskimo advised and just keep all 6 RBs. The RBs available in draft are likely Forte, McCoy, Foster, McFadden, Abdullah, Yeldon, Gordon, C. West, Duke Johnson, Hightower, the rookies, and a bunch of other guys who will go for cheap or end up undrafted. Forte, McCoy, and Elliott should all go for $100+ easily. So while neither Murray nor Bernard are dirt cheap nor the sexiest options in the world, I think they still hold a fair amount of value at their current prices compared to what is available and the prices they will go for.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will work on repping all 3 of you as I am able.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Interesting perspective. Wilson has been a top 10 QB in our league's scoring for the past four years, and placed 3rd last year. But maybe I am overvaluing him due to his age, low cost, and his ridiculous 2nd half of last season which may not be an accurate indicator of his level of play going forward.

All three of you guys have given me something to think about. At this point I am no longer considering the Anderson/Stewart for Wilson trade. I am going to keep Gurley, Miller, Anderson, Stewart for sure. The cheap contracts of Miller, Anderson and Stewart help to offset Gurley's very high cost and make my average cost per RB more reasonable, so it doesn't make sense to move them. I will look into the possibility of trading Murray/Bernard for an upgrade at QB or depth at WR/TE but only if I can get serious value in the trade. If not then I will probably go the route that Eskimo advised and just keep all 6 RBs. The RBs available in draft are likely Forte, McCoy, Foster, McFadden, Abdullah, Yeldon, Gordon, C. West, Duke Johnson, Hightower, the rookies, and a bunch of other guys who will go for cheap or end up undrafted. Forte, McCoy, and Elliott should all go for $100+ easily. So while neither Murray nor Bernard are dirt cheap nor the sexiest options in the world, I think they still hold a fair amount of value at their current prices compared to what is available and the prices they will go for.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will work on repping all 3 of you as I am able.
    What is the scoring like in your league? How many RB's do you start/week? Assuming you award 6 points per TD and have 2 RB's:
    I don't think you're overrating Wilson at all. The Seahawks will be pass heavy and I like Wilson as a top 5, maybe even top 3 QB this year. Personally, I would have no problem trading CJ and Stewart for him. You already have two top tier starters in Gurley/Miller with Murray and Gio as in my opinion great options as your RB 3 and 4. And as you mentioned, still valuable at their current price. I really don't see a point in rostering 6 RB's of that quality when you can use that capital to make a weakness a strength.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    What is the scoring like in your league? How many RB's do you start/week? Assuming you award 6 points per TD and have 2 RB's:
    I don't think you're overrating Wilson at all. The Seahawks will be pass heavy and I like Wilson as a top 5, maybe even top 3 QB this year. Personally, I would have no problem trading CJ and Stewart for him. You already have two top tier starters in Gurley/Miller with Murray and Gio as in my opinion great options as your RB 3 and 4. And as you mentioned, still valuable at their current price. I really don't see a point in rostering 6 RB's of that quality when you can use that capital to make a weakness a strength.
    6 pts for passing, rushing and receiving TDs.
    Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K.
    So I can start 4 RB 2 WR, 3 RB 3 WR, or 2 RB 4 WR every week. I tend to prefer starting 4 strong RBs if possible. Having these 6 guys would allow me to do that most weeks regardless of bye weeks, unless injuries stack up bad.

Does this affect your answer at all?

Dobber Sports Padawan

6 pts for passing, rushing and receiving TDs.
    Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K.
    So I can start 4 RB 2 WR, 3 RB 3 WR, or 2 RB 4 WR every week. I tend to prefer starting 4 strong RBs if possible. Having these 6 guys would allow me to do that most weeks regardless of bye weeks, unless injuries stack up bad.

Does this affect your answer at all?
    If starting 4 RB's per week is your preference and it gives you an advantage over your comp, yes I change my answer. But that advantage has to be big enough for you to make up for the difference in Wilson and Dalton week to week. It also has to be big enough for you to be ok benching guys like Landry or Floyd weekly. Is this a ppr?

Dobber Sports Pro

No, not PPR. Dalton and Taylor are the wild cards in the situation for sure. Based on my league's point system in the 12 games Dalton played last year he averaged 24.48 pts, which would pace him for 391.7 over 16 games (good for 4th in QB scoring). In the 14 games Taylor played he averaged 22.18 pts, which would pace him for 354.9 pts over 16 games (8th in QB scoring). Wilson put up 404 pts in 16 games (3rd in QB scoring).

The top 4 runners for the other 11 teams:

1. Forsett ($40), Lewis ($6), Blount ($7), Allen ($2)
    2. Hill ($13), Jennings ($6), McFadden ($49), Turbin ($2)
    3. Le'Bell ($8), Freeman ($5), Forte ($113), Langford ($3) (also has Foster $87, Vereen $22, Michael $22. He beat me in championship last year, which made it back to back chips for him. I won the year previous to that.)
    4. Lacy ($66), Hyde ($55), Morris ($27), Spiller ($19)
    5. L Murray ($5), Gordon ($99), Coleman ($43), Hightower ($55)
    6. Charles ($71), Rawls ($19), J Bell ($17), Starks ($3)
    7. M Jones ($10), Sproles ($31), Hillman ($27), Sims ($29)
    8. Martin ($10), Ivory ($9), Yeldon ($114), Ajayi ($2)
    9. Peterson ($87), Ingram ($13), Crowell ($2), D Williams ($18)
    10. McCoy ($140), Mathews ($28), Gore ($48), Abdullah ($76)
    11. David Johnson ($32), Duke Johnson ($79), K Robinson ($2), Thompson ($3)