Thread: J. Fernandez/Harvey for Story/Brantley/Maeda

Dobber Sports Titan

Default J. Fernandez/Harvey for Story/Brantley/Maeda

Dynasty league, H2H with cats: R, HR, RBI, AVG, SB, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP.

Wondering what the consensus is on this deal. I have a ton of pitching depth to deal from, so I am okay losing those stats. I need some young help in the batter categories, and with the core of my team, I am looking to build for the next few years (not likely competing this year).

Appreciate any input!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: J. Fernandez/Harvey for Story/Brantley/Maeda

Accepted the deal. Still curious to hear thoughts however.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

I...am your father.

I would prefer the Fernandez/Harvey side. If you're rebuilding, I would play the 'Maeda unproven' card and tried to get a couple of picks added. But that's a decent return for a rebuilding squad, I hope you get the bounces on these guys
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I would prefer the Fernandez/Harvey side. If you're rebuilding, I would play the 'Maeda unproven' card and tried to get a couple of picks added. But that's a decent return for a rebuilding squad, I hope you get the bounces on these guys
    The other manager is pretty stingy with trades, so I was happy to get this much (for example he was trying to get me to add Giolito or Urias to this deal in the beginning). I am actually just taking over the team as of recently, and the batters definitely need some work. Generally, I would prefer the Harvey/Fernandez side too, but I don't mind paying a little extra from a position of strength to address a weakness with some very high upside players.

As I mentioned earlier, I do have both Giolito and Urias coming up, along with Darvish, Daniel Norris, G. Richards, etc. in a 20 team league, so my pitching is anything but depleted.

Appreciate the reply!