Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drafting 3rd, trade down?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Drafting 3rd, trade down?

I would not move out of the top 10 in any case and the only way I deal a #2/#3 picks is to obtain multiple top 10 picks. If you can't get that, there is no chance a deal works in your favour.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm faced with the same sort of decision at 4th. But I think the difference between 3rd and 4th is a little more substantial. I'd keep 3rd for sure and for us poor saps who lost the lottery and landed at 4... all depends on if it's Tkachuck in real life. Argh.

Dobber Sports Giant

Unless you get a young developping player (Burakovsky for example) + a top 7 pick (or picks 4 and 5), I would not move your 3rd overall. Puljujarvi should be a solid contributor for Columbus so there is no reason to move him unless you get a better return than what is currently on the table.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    With the way some people are flip-flopping about he top picks (even though it should be obvious) I'd just sit at 3rd and hope someone does something stupid. Otherwise be happy with Puljujarvi.
    Yeah, you just never know what people are going to do. And the draft itself hasn't happened yet, so we don't really know how the actual teams are going to pick yet.

What if the Jets were to draft Puljujarvi?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I'm faced with the same sort of decision at 4th. But I think the difference between 3rd and 4th is a little more substantial. I'd keep 3rd for sure and for us poor saps who lost the lottery and landed at 4... all depends on if it's Tkachuck in real life. Argh.
    Try sitting at 6! I dunno if I should be going after the remaining guy from the Nylander/Dubois/Tkachuk train.. a boom or bust in Keller, maybe a weirdo like Radulov. Dvorak/Boeser/Aho..Werenski/Provorov.

Too many options. Luckily I've got four months to torture myself considering it.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Icon

This year's draft goes like this:

Matthews

Laine/Puljujarvi

4-11

This means that it's worth trading down from 2 to 3 to pick up other assets as well as trading from 4 to anywhere in the top 11. Trading down from 3 would require you to get some very good assets as the third pick projects to be a top line guy.