Thread: Sabres sign Brycen Martin to ELC

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Sabres sign Brycen Martin to ELC

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/st...22386048622592

NEWS: The Sabres have signed defenseman Brycen Martin to an entry-level contract: http://bufsabres.co/martin
    http://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-s...evel-contract/

The Buffalo Sabres announced on Saturday that they have signed defenseman Brycen Martin to a 3-year, entry level contract.

Martin was the Sabres’ third round selection (74th overall) in the 2014 NHL draft. He began the 2015-2016 season with the Saskatoon Blades and was traded to the Everett Silvertips of the WHL in December. In 66 games last season Martin tied his career-high in goals (6), assists (31) and points (37). He also played two games with the Sabres’ affiliate Rochester Americans in April after the Silvertips were eliminated from the playoffs.

At 6’2” and 200 lbs, Martin isn’t known for his physical play but rather is considered a solid offensive, two-way defenseman.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Default Re: Sabres sign Brycen Martin to ELC

I know nothing about this guy but is there any indication he might be fantasy-relevant in any way? I'm not seeing anything that jumps out...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I know nothing about this guy but is there any indication he might be fantasy-relevant in any way? I'm not seeing anything that jumps out...
    Like most Dmen coming out of Jr, it's early in their careers and a lot can happen. I know I drafted him in a few of my bigger leagues last year so I am familiar with him.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

That pretty much coincides with my own thoughts. Not worth a look outside of DEEP leagues where your farm is a bunch of long-shots anyway.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

No arguing with that. He's old enough that he can either play in the AHL next year or can go back to Jr. He is still a few years away at best, like most Dmen coming out of Jr.