Thread: If meat-eaters acted like vegans

Dobber Sports Guru

Default If meat-eaters acted like vegans

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: If meat-eaters acted like vegans

Good vid lol.

The best all time summer meal? One inch T-bone BBQ'd to perfection and a few nice cold ones.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kind of funny, but I sort of hate the stereotyping. Some vegans are certainly like that, but IMO an equal proportion of non-vegans are like that too.

Example: I'm pescetarian (no meat, but will eat seafood – though, admittedly, only once every few months), and my partner is vegetarian. I don't judge other people if they eat meat (and have never said a single thing to my friends or family about their diet), yet my partner and I are constantly ridiculed for our diet. At family gatherings, larger events with friends (since my close friends aren't dicks and wouldn't say anything), etc., we can't simply just eat the food without someone making ridiculous comments and teasing us. Things like mocking the decision to not eat meat, or trying to "tease" by talking about how great the meat smells and how delicious it is, etc. It's pretty infuriating and, honestly, quite upsetting because if I really wanted to I could play the whole "moral highground" card –*but I don't. I mind my own business yet I still get ridiculed and put in uncomfortable situations.

In short, my opinion is that it's not an issue of vegans vs. meat eaters. It's an issue of assh0les vs. assh0les. Sadly, very few people are capable or respecting other people's decisions if it is not the same as their own life decision.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Haha! That's gold!

Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Kind of funny, but I sort of hate the stereotyping. Some vegans are certainly like that, but IMO an equal proportion of non-vegans are like that too.

In short, my opinion is that it's not an issue of vegans vs. meat eaters. It's an issue of assh0les vs. assh0les. Sadly, very few people are capable or respecting other people's decisions if it is not the same as their own life decision.

I think the video was just having fun rather than making a statement.

I will say that I have vegetarian/vegan friends who are both ways. Most are great where it's just a fact that's how they eat and that's it. They come over for a barbecue, we put on veggie burgers (or whatever). It's just who they are, and they don't raise a stink about being vegetarian/vegan.

I have other vegetarian/vegan friends who are way over the top. They constantly post stuff on Facebook about how vegetarianism is better for everyone, and look down on you if you eat meat. They are constantly going on about it.

So I agree with the last statement of your post. It's not vegans vs meat eaters. But it's more making fun of the over-the-top stuff that some vegetarians/vegans do. I'm sure there's videos out there about if vegans acted like meat-eaters.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

"That coconut was going to grow into a palm tree..."

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I don't judge other people if they eat meat (and have never said a single thing to my friends or family about their diet), yet my partner and I are constantly ridiculed for our diet. At family gatherings, larger events with friends (since my close friends aren't dicks and wouldn't say anything), etc., we can't simply just eat the food without someone making ridiculous comments and teasing us. Things like mocking the decision to not eat meat, or trying to "tease" by talking about how great the meat smells and how delicious it is, etc.
    Uggghhh that really pisses me off. You're totally right on the ******** vs ******** thing. One of the worst traits of humanity is that we put other people down to prop ourselves up.