Dobber Sports Titan

Default Donaldson++ for Sale++

10Team, Keep 7
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 4OF, Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P

3BN, 2DL, 0NA

I’ve been offered Frazier, Dozier, Sale for my Donaldson, Conforto, Harvey. But I want to counter with….

My Donaldson, Conforto, Harvey for his Sale, Schwarber, Heyward
    Good deal? My team can’t gain traction, so I’m thinking of just dumping a guy like Donaldson who, the way it looks, won’t be protected at all next yr with EE and JB.

My Team:
    C: Realmuto, 1B: Rizzo, 2B: A.Diaz (SS), 3B: Donaldson, SS: Correa, CI: Lamb (3B), MI: Drury (3B, MI, OF)
    OF: A. Jones, Eaton, H. Ramirez (1B), Gardner, Conforto (Util), Odubel Herrera (BN)

SP: Harvey, Maeda, Cueto, Arrieta, McCullers, Zimmerman, Pomeranz (RP), Glasnow (NA)
    RP: Chapman, Familia, Jeanmar Gomez
    DL: Darvish (SP)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Donaldson++ for Sale++

His original offer is much better than your counter offer. Schwarber is done for the year and when he gets healthy for next year, he WILL NOT have "C" eligibility which is what made him a good pick for this year. I would have no interest in Heyward as Conforto is better fantasy wise right now with the only thing Heyward gives you more of is SB's.

The most intriguing part of this whole trade is you getting SALE who is on a Cy Young pace where Harvey is getting boo'd off the field. I always worry about surgically repaired arms struggling as they sometimes try and fight through and hide their pain and then they go on the DL and their poor stats make more sense.

So the bigger question is would you prefer the more safe pick of Sale vs Harvey? Donaldson had a monster year last year but if you look at the body of work over the past 3 seasons, Frazier and Donaldson are fairly close in their fantasy counting stats. Dozier is just a fill in and would most likely become your Util. player. In order to get something (Sale), you need to give up something (Donaldson) and a your getting a reasonable replacement in Frazier.

See the following notes about Harvey after his most recent poor start. -- Manager Terry Collins said Thursday that he's unsure whether Harvey will make his next scheduled start Tuesday against Washington, Marc Carig of Newsday reports. "We're not going to commit to anything at this time," said Collins after Thursday's loss.
    Collins' comments regarding Harvey were ominous after the struggling starter was lit up for nine runs (six earned) in just 2.2 innings of work against the Nationals on Thursday. Harvey's ERA on the season ballooned to 5.77 following Thursday's start, which leaves spot in the rotation at least somewhat in doubt. He has yet to go deeper than six innings in any start this season and his fastball velocity is down nearly two whole miles per hour from 2015. Collins and the Mets will likely take their time to decide Harvey's fate, but regardless of what's decided, his tough start to the year is cause for concern.
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek

Dobber Sports Titan

Totally didn’t even think of the not being a catcher next yr. Good point, Great catch. Not going to pursue Schwarber anymore.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MacLiii View Post
    His original offer is much better than your counter offer. Schwarber is done for the year and when he gets healthy for next year, he WILL NOT have "C" eligibility which is what made him a good pick for this year. I would have no interest in Heyward as Conforto is better fantasy wise right now with the only thing Heyward gives you more of is SB's.

The most intriguing part of this whole trade is you getting SALE who is on a Cy Young pace where Harvey is getting boo'd off the field. I always worry about surgically repaired arms struggling as they sometimes try and fight through and hide their pain and then they go on the DL and their poor stats make more sense.

So the bigger question is would you prefer the more safe pick of Sale vs Harvey? Donaldson had a monster year last year but if you look at the body of work over the past 3 seasons, Frazier and Donaldson are fairly close in their fantasy counting stats. Dozier is just a fill in and would most likely become your Util. player. In order to get something (Sale), you need to give up something (Donaldson) and a your getting a reasonable replacement in Frazier.

See the following notes about Harvey after his most recent poor start. -- Manager Terry Collins said Thursday that he's unsure whether Harvey will make his next scheduled start Tuesday against Washington, Marc Carig of Newsday reports. "We're not going to commit to anything at this time," said Collins after Thursday's loss.
    Collins' comments regarding Harvey were ominous after the struggling starter was lit up for nine runs (six earned) in just 2.2 innings of work against the Nationals on Thursday. Harvey's ERA on the season ballooned to 5.77 following Thursday's start, which leaves spot in the rotation at least somewhat in doubt. He has yet to go deeper than six innings in any start this season and his fastball velocity is down nearly two whole miles per hour from 2015. Collins and the Mets will likely take their time to decide Harvey's fate, but regardless of what's decided, his tough start to the year is cause for concern.
    Well that just took the wind right out of anything I had to say on the matter.
    If you can counter with Sale, Frazier and something better than Dozier coming back, then it becomes a very tempting offer.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

I just read an article on Fangraphs about Harvey and it made me want to wait out his slump and that it indeed is just a slump. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/whats...h-matt-harvey/ It made me think of trading FOR Harvey in another league.