Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Has Murray made Fleury expendable

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Has Murray made Fleury expendable

Calgary could use a goalie. Could Fleury net Bennett, Hamilton and a 1-3 rounder?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Has Murray made Fleury expendable

I think Murray has made Fleury expendable but the issue is that Fleury has a NTC that he can select 12 teams he won't go to.

I dont think there's a chance he would even be able to net one of Hamilton/Bennett and a pick. Way too much for him IMO. He's a good goalie but he isnt an elite one. If he was playing on a weaker team other than the Pens his numbers wouldnt be as good imo
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    Calgary could use a goalie. Could Fleury net Bennett, Hamilton and a 1-3 rounder?
    Lol. No. Fleury couldn't net even one of those pieces. Let alone all three.

Maybe a 2nd rounder and a middling prospect.

Bennett for Fleury, Calgary laughs and hangs up.

Hamilton for Fleury, Calgary laughs and hangs up.

6th overall for Fleury, Calgary laughs and hangs up.

Fleury is a 31 year old goalie that would be a stop gap to Gillies. You don't give up your core franchise players for that. Now if Calgary trades back and picks up an extra late first, maybe that might fly.

Dobber Sports Initiate

You're right. He has to submit a list of twelve teams that he can't be traded to before each season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd also be leery of his injury history. Still, 40 games in, Calgary was ready to bail on Hamilton. Another team that could use him would be Dallas...

If there was no expansion draft, than Murray has not made Fleury expendable. There's no point to trade depth like that. Given that there likely is an expansion draft, yes Fleury is expendable. But so is one of Anderson/Gibson, Bishop/Vasilevskiy, Elliot/Allen, Howard/Mrazek, Smith/Domingue, not to mention up and coming guys that could be available like Mackenzie Blackwood, Grubauer, Neuvirth, Varlamov/Pickard, and Bobrovsky who could all be stop gap options to Gillies.

It's a buyer's market right now, not a seller's market. No chance you're getting an elite piece like that, let alone three of them. Drop your prices.

Dobber Sports Genius

A second round pick would be be my guess. One of the ones that belonged to Dallas (Russell) or Florida (Hudler).
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Initiate

One way Pittsburgh doesn't get Bennett or Hamilton is if they don't even ask for them!...Let's turn our attention to Dallas.....while they can start the season with Leht and Niemi again, it will probably end the same way. How far do they go if they have Fleury in net.....sorry, I'm just an addict...fantasy's over, my teams are out of the real playoffs...need my fix by talking trades.

Administrator

Fleury hasn't become expendable but he's too expensive to keep if he's not the main guy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not yet. Murray has one more year left under contract, while Fleury has three years to go. The Pens won't want to give the young Murray any leverage until after his next contract.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    A second round pick would be be my guess. One of the ones that belonged to Dallas (Russell) or Florida (Hudler).
    I could see Calgary trading their own 2nd, which would basically be equivalent to a late 1st round pick. The Dallas and Florida picks would be late 2nd rounders, so I could also them trading both of them for Fleury.

One way Pittsburgh doesn't get Bennett or Hamilton is if they don't even ask for them!...Let's turn our attention to Dallas.....while they can start the season with Leht and Niemi again, it will probably end the same way. How far do they go if they have Fleury in net.....sorry, I'm just an addict...fantasy's over, my teams are out of the real playoffs...need my fix by talking trades.
    Dallas is interesting, because IMO they have a lot more pieces to trade and a bigger need. Could the offer something like Nichuskin, who doesn't seem to be fitting there? Or since they keep their first rounder, would they trade that for Fleury? I think both are intriguing options. Obviously both of those are bigger pieces than what I think Calgary might offer, but Dallas is in their window. They have a pressing need for a goalie. They care less that Fleury is older, because he makes them a cup contender now. Calgary's core is probably still a couple years away from being a serious contender anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Not yet. Murray has one more year left under contract, while Fleury has three years to go. The Pens won't want to give the young Murray any leverage until after his next contract.
    Expansion draft.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I could see Calgary trading their own 2nd, which would basically be equivalent to a late 1st round pick. The Dallas and Florida picks would be late 2nd rounders, so I could also them trading both of them for Fleury.
    It comes down to dollars owed. A team is not going to give up big assets AND have to pay $5.75M for 3 more years for a depreciating asset. Not for a goalie.

Is MAF that much better than Jimmy Howard? I would bet you could pick up Jimmy Howard from the Wings for basically free as long as you swallowed the entire contract.

The NHL goalie trade market is so fickle.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Howard is 5.5, 5 and 4.25 the next three years.

Dobber Sports Genius

^^

But his cap hit is $5.2M per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    It comes down to dollars owed. A team is not going to give up big assets AND have to pay $5.75M for 3 more years for a depreciating asset. Not for a goalie.

Is MAF that much better than Jimmy Howard? I would bet you could pick up Jimmy Howard from the Wings for basically free as long as you swallowed the entire contract.

The NHL goalie trade market is so fickle.
    Sure, I totally agree with you. The difference between what you proposed and what I proposed (for Calgary) isn't drastically different.