Thread: Mettenberger Claimed by the Chargers

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Mettenberger Claimed by the Chargers

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mettenberger/

Zach Mettenberger, TEN's 6th round pick in 2014 was waived two days ago by the organization (not really a surprise). He reunites with Ken Wisenhunt now in SD.

The most intriguing part of this is that the Bengals and Giants both had claims in for Mettenberger. Its curious to see Cincy place a claim here with McCarron as their #2. Could it be that the Bengals are entertaining offers/trying to move McCarron? I have a hard time believing this since I figured the time to do so more likely would have been at the draft.

Default Re: Mettenberger Claimed by the Chargers

I like Mettenberger coming out of college as the best pure pocket passer in his class. I actually targeted him in the latter half of the first round of a dynasty draft that year but another GM jumped me. His one knock was/is that he is perhaps too statuesque in the pocket. The other knock was more his attitude. Rumor is he doesn't want to put the time in to learn anything re his position. Take that for what it's worth.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

What are you thought Bomm on the Bengals and Giants putting claims in for him? Any possibility to the McCarron rumors or just smoke and really just two teams looking for more depth at the position?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    What are you thought Bomm on the Bengals and Giants putting claims in for him? Any possibility to the McCarron rumors or just smoke and really just two teams looking for more depth at the position?
    i would say it would be cheap depth at the position. I wouldn't read too much into it. Certainly there are teams with questions at QB (Denver...Jets...Browns) but I don't see McCarron getting moved any more than I see Glennon being moved out of Tampa. Is it possible...sure. Is it probable...no.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Recruit

Don,t have any idea about this.