Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Matt Murray - "glove-gate"

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Matt Murray - "glove-gate"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Lol Murray had to take a picture of his glove to prove it didn't go through?
    Equipment manager took the pic, I believe.

Anyone who believes it went through the glove instantly loses credibility to me because that confirms you lack common sense and thinking skills. It's not even debatable, it went over the glove. If you are arguing that point for the fun of it then that's fine, but if you really believe it went through the glove you should ask your schools for your money back.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Equipment manager took the pic, I believe.

Anyone who believes it went through the glove instantly loses credibility to me because that confirms you lack common sense and thinking skills. It's not even debatable, it went over the glove. If you are arguing that point for the fun of it then that's fine, but if you really believe it went through the glove you should ask your schools for your money back.
    100% agreed on this. It's an interesting optical illusion from one angle, nothing more.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Lol Murray had to take a picture of his glove to prove it didn't go through?
    If the Penguins lose the series they will have "truthers" all over the place like the Flames do on their no goal in 2004.

Dobber Sports Deity

I can tell you that if those are the exact gloves he was wearing during the game, there is no way the puck went through that webbing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    If the Penguins lose the series they will have "truthers" all over the place like the Flames do on their no goal in 2004.
    No, because Pittsburgh didn't lose that game.

Dobber Sports Giant

Anyone who believes it went through the glove instantly loses credibility to me because that confirms you lack common sense and thinking skills.
    Well I agree with this only after you see BOTH angles. If only the initial video is made available, it's easy to think that it could have gone through the glove. If both (or more) angles are being used to argue the trajectory of the puck, then I doubt anyone says that it actually went through...

When I voiced my opinion in this thread I used both the initial video posted and the extra one from a different angle that was shared later in the post. It was easy for me to say that it went over the glove; however, it was not as ''easy'' for those that voiced their opinion earlier...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No, because Pittsburgh didn't lose that game.
    An important difference for sure, but I doubt it matters for crazy "truthers"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Well I agree with this only after you see BOTH angles. If only the initial video is made available, it's easy to think that it could have gone through the glove. If both (or more) angles are being used to argue the trajectory of the puck, then I doubt anyone says that it actually went through...

When I voiced my opinion in this thread I used both the initial video posted and the extra one from a different angle that was shared later in the post. It was easy for me to say that it went over the glove; however, it was not as ''easy'' for those that voiced their opinion earlier...
    By the time this thread was started, Murray had already publicly come out and said that it didn't go through.

That should have been the end of the story. The goalie has no reason to lie about it.

Dobber Sports Star

Well said. Admittedly the first time I saw it I also thought it went through, but on further inspection it's not even debatable. I think most people are being swayed by the commentary in the video.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This Anton Stralman shot went through Murray's glove. You'll never convince me otherwise...
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Deity

I can tell you, as a goalie myself, the puck didn't go through that webbing. If it did, there would still be a big ole hole in his webbing where the puck went through (almost like the webbing as deformed with a big hole) and he would have gone to the bench and replaced his trapper.

The puck did not go through that webbing in those pictures.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This Anton Stralman shot went through Murray's glove. You'll never convince me otherwise...

I love how convinced the guy in the video is...it doesn't look conclusive to me at all. The moment where he says "look" and freezes the video is very blurry and doesn't prove anything.

Of course all of this analysis is unnecessary if you take Murray for his word, which everyone should...

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

The equipment manager sent the photo. Prolly to save his job lol
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll