Thread: Igor Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Igor Shestyorkin

I was wondering what anyone can tell me about this guy, I just traded for him and was wondering what people think of him. His numbers look good and what highlights I've seen he looks real good. I went over to Dobber Prospects and saw some highlights but the write up there is not for him, it is for another ranger goalie prospect and that goalie prospect page doesn't have Shestyorkin's so they weren't flipped. Would love to know if anyone has any other info.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Administrator

Default Re: Igor Shestyorkin

I know nothing about him but for most goalie prospects they're long shots to make it. What did you give up to get him?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

I...am your father.

I took a look and his profile is fine. I fixed the stats box, which had been cut off.

http://www.dobberprospects.com/igor-shesterkin/

I'll ask the cover-writer to give another update on him. I will be reviewing him (and the Rangers) for the Fantasy Prospects Report this week, so I'll have a better grasp of his situation later, but for now I can tell you that I really like him and his upside, and he's New York's best candidate to replace Lundqvist in three years.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I took a look and his profile is fine. I fixed the stats box, which had been cut off.

http://www.dobberprospects.com/igor-shesterkin/

I'll ask the cover-writer to give another update on him. I will be reviewing him (and the Rangers) for the Fantasy Prospects Report this week, so I'll have a better grasp of his situation later, but for now I can tell you that I really like him and his upside, and he's New York's best candidate to replace Lundqvist in three years.
    Thanks Dobber that link works great. So the link I went to is still showing the wrong write up, I acessed it by clicking on the Rangers then by clicking his name in both places. I'm not sure how to get to the link you provided. Here is the link I found.

http://www.dobberprospects.com/igor-shesterkin-2/

thanks for for the update on him.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I know nothing about him but for most goalie prospects they're long shots to make it. What did you give up to get him?
    I gave up a late 3rd round pick in our draft, there are only 5 rounds in our draft and I am light in goalies at the moment so I needed to restock the cupboard, I had it great for almost a decade with Rinne and Lundqvist (drafted both by the way) but I had to shake things up so I moved rinne and added Hellebuyck, I still have Lundqvist but I am looking to replace him when his time comes. I know all goalies are a shot in the dark but you have to take those shots early in a league like mine goalies are at a premium and I don't want to pay the price for an established starter. It's a 16 team league and there is something like 70 goalies drafted maybe more, so they are tough to come by.
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I really like the guy. He's got a good future. I've owned him for two years, so I am invested, but I still like his outlook.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    Thanks Dobber that link works great. So the link I went to is still showing the wrong write up, I acessed it by clicking on the Rangers then by clicking his name in both places. I'm not sure how to get to the link you provided. Here is the link I found.

http://www.dobberprospects.com/igor-shesterkin-2/

thanks for for the update on him.

I gave up a late 3rd round pick in our draft, there are only 5 rounds in our draft and I am light in goalies at the moment so I needed to restock the cupboard, I had it great for almost a decade with Rinne and Lundqvist (drafted both by the way) but I had to shake things up so I moved rinne and added Hellebuyck, I still have Lundqvist but I am looking to replace him when his time comes. I know all goalies are a shot in the dark but you have to take those shots early in a league like mine goalies are at a premium and I don't want to pay the price for an established starter. It's a 16 team league and there is something like 70 goalies drafted maybe more, so they are tough to come by.
    Thanks for clarifying - yikes! We had two profiles in there for him. I deleted the messed-up one. And fixed the link up top to point to the proper one
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Thanks for clarifying - yikes! We had two profiles in there for him. I deleted the messed-up one. And fixed the link up top to point to the proper one
    No problem glad to help! I'll pm you my address so you can send me a check lol Another note but far less of a problem is that I believe that you have his name spelled incorrectly, it looks like it's spelled how it is on this thread, however mine may be wrong and lost in translation. Again thanks for all your hard work and that of your staff, I don't think it is said enough, it is quite impressive what you have done here.
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski