Thread: Forward for D trade...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Forward for D trade...

30 team league, you keep all your players 12 F, 6 D, 2 G and 25 farm players.....

Forward stats g=5pts, a=5 pts, Pim=2 pts, +/- = 1 point, Game Played = 1Pt , shot block - 0.25 pt
    Defence stats g=7pts, a=7pts, Pim=2pts, +/- = 2 points, game played = 2 pts, shot block = 0.5pt

As you can see defence is far more valuable per say when push comes to shove.

I am trading away Ryan Spooner and Dylan Demelo
    I would be getting Damon Severson.

I have another 3 or 4 forwards in the wings that will be fighting to be in my top 12, so losing a guy like Spooner will not hurt me. I am very weak on defence. Right now my top 6 are Bigras, Brodie, Chiarot, Dillon, Methot and Muzzin. Will this deal Benefit me? Will Demelo somehow be a world beater or do we think he is nothing more then he is now?

my next years top 12 F
    Barkov, Bonnino, Calvert, Galchenyuk, Helm, McDavid, Paquette, Victor Rask, Sam Reinhart, Scheifele, "Spooner", Vey

In the Wings
    -Dvorak
    -Eaves
    -McCann
    - Scott Wilson

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Forward for D trade...

I would keep the Spooner side of your deal. While you are weaker on D, Spooner should net you a bit better return than Severson. Spooner will continue to outproduce Severson even with the points skewed in favour of D.

I would bring in Dvorak and McCann and drop Paquette & Vey from the initial list I see here, and not think twice about it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I would keep the Spooner side of your deal. While you are weaker on D, Spooner should net you a bit better return than Severson. Spooner will continue to outproduce Severson even with the points skewed in favour of D.

I would bring in Dvorak and McCann and drop Paquette & Vey from the initial list I see here, and not think twice about it.
    The second part I agree with, but I would do Spooner for Severson if you can get it straight up. Especially since you are weak on D, and with the extra D points, the deal makes sense.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

I would try to move a less valuable forward for a less valuable D-man to make space for your other forwards. Even with your format, Spooner outpoints Severson by 40pts last year. Sponner is just begining to come around (so is Severson, but to a lesser extent). If you are keen on moving Spooner for an upgrade on D, I would look for a guys like Orlov (promising offensive potential), Girardi (one of the top shot blockers that typically plays all games) or Gudas (low offensive production but good mix of Pims and Blocks). Severson is not a bad D, but he just doesn't hold enough potential value to land him in such a deal IMO.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I would try to move a less valuable forward for a less valuable D-man to make space for your other forwards. Even with your format, Spooner outpoints Severson by 40pts last year. Sponner is just begining to come around (so is Severson, but to a lesser extent). If you are keen on moving Spooner for an upgrade on D, I would look for a guys like Orlov (promising offensive potential), Girardi (one of the top shot blockers that typically plays all games) or Gudas (low offensive production but good mix of Pims and Blocks). Severson is not a bad D, but he just doesn't hold enough potential value to land him in such a deal IMO.
    I guess I seem to be one of the few that sees room to grow in Severson's game, especially with some offensive upside.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks guys....still on the fence right now going to try to rework it a bit before I do anything crazy.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I guess I seem to be one of the few that sees room to grow in Severson's game, especially with some offensive upside.
    You aren't wrong about his offensive potential, but Spooner's is much easier to reach IMO. The only thing that plays in Severson's favour is the games played by D-men being worth 2pts vs forwards at 1. If both guys play 82 games, Severson (or any other D) gets 82 extra points right off the bat. However, I would prefer to move any other less promising forward for a lesser D that has a shot at playing 82-games while filling other statistical categories that fly under the radar (i.e. +/- and even blocks).
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
    Thanks guys....still on the fence right now going to try to rework it a bit before I do anything crazy.
    Your trade on paper is not crazy, but I'm sure you can get a better bang for your buck or to the very least, trade a lesser asset for a similar but less flashy return. In the end, you know best how your league values players and how easy/difficult it is to acquire certain positions...

Minors: