Thread: #1 waiver on Maeda?

The Wolverine

Default #1 waiver on Maeda?

Here are the settings:

Yahoo, One year, Roto, 20 teams
    Daily lineups, Max games/innings = 162/1250, No max moves
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3OF, Util, 2SP, 2RP, 3P, 5BN, 2DL, NA
    R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP (6 x 6)

C: Herrmann
    1B: Abreu
    2B: Castro(SS)
    3B: Tomas(OF)
    SS: Alex. Ramirez
    OF: JD Martinez, L. Cain, Herrera
    Util: Marwin Gonzalez
    BN: Dickerson, M. Montero
    SP: Lester, Pineda, Bauer, R. De La Rosa
    RP: Papelbon, Cishek, Colomé(SP), D. Hudson, Shaw, Logan
    DL: Brantley, Spangenberg
    NA: Taillon

As you can see I need the starting pitching depth and will be dropping M. Montero (no need for him). Clearly he's a great pickup if he can regain some form. My main question is whether you have any concerns about Maeda's recent outings or is this just a blip? As this is a deeper league, not often do slumping, good players get dropped so I feel this is an opportunity to fit a need. I'm leaning toward yes (already put in the claim, to be processed on Thursday) but thought I'd check with you guys first. I don't see any games so your insight would be appreciated.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: #1 waiver on Maeda?

With how you explained it, it seemed more like you were trying to convince yourself. It worked on me too though, I think you have the right idea. Maeda is a good pitcher and should bounce back soon.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd probably do it considering your needs. It's hard to get a read on Maeda as it's his first season so its hard to say if this is just a blip or whats a sign of things to come. I'd like to think it was just a blip on the map.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Yeah, I'd be all over Maeda. This is just a market correction
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    With how you explained it, it seemed more like you were trying to convince yourself. It worked on me too though, I think you have the right idea. Maeda is a good pitcher and should bounce back soon.
    Indeed. Sometimes it's hard to tell, especially from someone who was nearly unhittable in the first few and struggling in the last few. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd probably do it considering your needs. It's hard to get a read on Maeda as it's his first season so its hard to say if this is just a blip or whats a sign of things to come. I'd like to think it was just a blip on the map.
    Yep, that's part of it as well. First year pitcher, and because I don't see the games the numbers may not tell the whole story. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Yeah, I'd be all over Maeda. This is just a market correction
    I figured that to a certain extent, but for those watching I was wondering if there could be something more. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Pro

Usually I am pretty consistent with Eskimo Bro, but Maeda is a sell high (relatively). And Tre Turner would help your lineup immensely.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    Usually I am pretty consistent with Eskimo Bro, but Maeda is a sell high (relatively). And Tre Turner would help your lineup immensely.
    Thanks. The claim is already processed and Turner is not available (he was drafted).

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree we do seem to come to a lot of the same conclusions. I am however wondering where you pulled Tre Turner from?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

He should be up by the end of the month, and he is a big upgrade over what he has
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I agree we do seem to come to a lot of the same conclusions. I am however wondering where you pulled Tre Turner from?
    Thanks, I've answered and will follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks. The claim is already processed and Turner is not available (he was drafted).
    He should be up by the end of the month, and he is a big upgrade over what he has
    I was just asking about Maeda and that claim was processed on the 19th. You'll see my response quoted above so if I have any future roster questions I'll create a new thread. Thanks again.