Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which side wins?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Which side wins?

I am looking to trade Lehner, as I can only keep two goalies. Is it worth it for me to trade Lehner/Pastrnak for Toffoli? Is pasta's ceiling too high to give him up for that, or is Toffoli worth it.

Thanks

NEW TRADE OFFER SUBMITTED TO ME (EDIT)

So the guy just offered me a bigger deal, he wants Rinne now. He sends me an offer of Backstrom/Jagr for Rinne/Eberle/Backes. Is this okay or am I giving too much for Backstrom. I may be able to get Toffoli in ther instead of Jagr
    16 Team ESPN League Keepers (10 in bold), 2 IR Spots
    G, A, SOG, PM, +/-, FOW, HITS, PPP, W, SV, GA, SO, OTL

Forwards (All Positions)

Kane-Toffoli-Pacioretty
    Kucherov-Kessel-Marchand
    Mantha-Zetterberg-Kesler
    Nelson-Arvidsson-Zucker
    Wennberg-Pominville-Duchene

Defenseman
    Fowler-Karlsson
    Phaneuf-Werenski
    Schultz-Krug
    Goalies

Jones-Crawford-Greiss

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Which side wins?

I'm a little confused... if your 10 keepers already exclude Lehner and Pastrnak, who would you bump in order to keep Toffoli?

Dobber Sports Novice

maybe Palat? Also I may try and flip Toffoli+ for a bigger fish

Forwards (All Positions)

Kane-Toffoli-Pacioretty
    Kucherov-Kessel-Marchand
    Mantha-Zetterberg-Kesler
    Nelson-Arvidsson-Zucker

Defenseman
    Fowler-Karlsson
    Phaneuf-Werenski
    Schultz-Krug
    Goalies

Jones-Crawford-Greiss

Dobber Sports Deity

Unless you are dealing two players for one you plan on keeping, I dont see the point in making any trades. That is what you should be trying to do here. Include Lehner in a deal with another player to upgrade a keeper for yourself.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

I'd say in a 16 team league, a goalie like Lehner should be able to fetch you a better forward back than Toffoli. Hell, I'd consider keeping Lehner over Eberle or maybe Palat... in a 16 team league, even team needs two goalies (2x16=32) but there are only 30 to go around. If it's daily roster changes, you'll need 3 to be competitive.

In your format (I'm assuming a split of C, RW, LW) a centre who has wing eligibility has very good value... that's what I'd be after in order to part with Lehner. I don't think Toffoli is good enough.

Dobber Sports Genius

If you aren't going to keep Lehner anyway does it matter who "wins" the trade.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ace

I really don't think you should be making a move on the expectation of making another one. Never know if you'll actually be able to do it before you have to set your keepers. Like Axe said, unless you're getting someone back who you intend to keep, I wouldn't bother making a trade.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I really don't think you should be making a move on the expectation of making another one. Never know if you'll actually be able to do it before you have to set your keepers. Like Axe said, unless you're getting someone back who you intend to keep, I wouldn't bother making a trade.
    I respectfully disagree. Trade away!

If you think Toffoli has a greater value (in your particular league) and you think you can then add Toffoli plus one of you players for an upgrade then do it!! If you think your swap gives you a better shot at getting better then more power to you.

Remember... This question was about players that the GM was not going to keep. I can envision a GM or three across my leagues that would be very tempted by Toffoli.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Trade away!

If you think Toffoli has a greater value (in your particular league) and you think you can then add Toffoli plus one of you players for an upgrade then do it!! If you think your swap gives you a better shot at getting better then more power to you.

Remember... This question was about players that the GM was not going to keep. I can envision a GM or three across my leagues that would be very tempted by Toffoli.
    True enough. Although in this situation I see Lehner holding more value. Starting goaltenders will come at a premium, and Toffoli would be a lower-tier keeper at best. I just honestly think he'd be harder to trade.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    True enough. Although in this situation I see Lehner holding more value. Starting goaltenders will come at a premium, and Toffoli would be a lower-tier keeper at best. I just honestly think he'd be harder to trade.
    I don't disagree with you about Lehner. Starting goalies in 16 team league are valuable.

@Ethan66van: After some reflection and re-reading your post I think you are on the right track, you just need to take it one step further. Try to trade Lehner and one of you keepers for a better keeper. Skip trying to trade out Pasternak. Think Lehner and Backes (strike while the iron is hot) for an elite star player.

Dobber Sports Expert

If you can make this move to get Toffoli and have him as a keeper over Palat, I think that's a good move to make.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    If you can make this move to get Toffoli and have him as a keeper over Palat, I think that's a good move to make.
    He offered me a bigger deal now, its in the first comment

- - - Updated - - -

So the guy just offered me a bigger deal, he wants Rinne now. He sends me an offer of Backstrom/Jagr for Rinne/Eberle/Backes. Is this okay or am I giving too much for Backstrom. I may be able to get Toffoli in ther instead of Jagr

Forwards (All Positions)

Kane-Toffoli-Pacioretty
    Kucherov-Kessel-Marchand
    Mantha-Zetterberg-Kesler
    Nelson-Arvidsson-Zucker

Defenseman
    Fowler-Karlsson
    Phaneuf-Werenski
    Schultz-Krug
    Goalies

Jones-Crawford-Greiss

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan66van View Post

Not a fan of this deal. It gives up too much, especially in net, for less of a return.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan66van View Post
    He offered me a bigger deal now, its in the first comment

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think the other GM would bite on Backes/Eberle/Lehner for Backstrom/Toffoli?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Do you think the other GM would bite on Backes/Eberle/Lehner for Backstrom/Toffoli?
    I would jump at this deal.

I wouldn't do the Jagr one.

I wouldn't trade Lehner and Pasta for Toffoli. As has been stated, goalies is the most valuable commodity in your league, and you'd be using that commodity to upgrade a non-keeper to a slightly better non-keeper. Lehner needs to be your bait to upgrade your keepers.