Thread: Use WW#2 on Fielder?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Use WW#2 on Fielder?

Prince Fielder on Waivers. I have No2. Do I burn it? Now, any rookie that gets called up to the MLB goes through waivers. And with some of the guys like Dansby and Giolotto or whatever, I’ve been saving mine for when they come up. Now through some glitch/oversight, I have Glasnow on my bench (picked up via FA).

R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H

C: Realmuto
    1B: Rizzo
    2B: Aledmys Diaz (2B, SS)
    3B: Donaldson
    SS: Correa
    CI: Lamb (This is where Fielder would be)
    MI: Drury (3B, MI, OF)
    OF (4): Conforto, Jones, Gardner, Ramirez (1B), Herrera,
    Util (1): Eaton(OF)

SP (5): Harvey, Happ, Maeda, Cueto, Zimmerman, Glasnow, Pomeranz (RP)
    RP (2): Chapman, Familia
    P (2): Gomez (RP), Arrieta (SP)

DL: Darvish, McCullers (I’d have to drop someone to bring him up before the waiver goes through).

So I’d drop Lamb for Fielder, who do I drop to bring McCullers back?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Use WW#2 on Fielder?

Assuming it's O.Herrera since it's an OF position, I would not drop him (if it was any other one, I would though, but I'm pretty sure it's Odubel).

I see no issue adding Fielder for Lamb, but the other drop is what is hard. Dropping Lamb for McCullers is the easiest thing here... If it were up to me, I would drop Lamb for McCullers and run the risk of losing Fielder to a waiver pickup if you can pickup players here and there. If he is still available after that you can decide on who to drop with more ease and without losing your priority. I just don't think Fielder is worth the extra drop + the waiver priority; especially considering the fact that new players start on the WW.

FWIW, I own Fielder and I almost dropped him this past weekend for Wainwright (another cold vet) who was on waivers. I ended up dropping Jimmy Nelson because I had too many pitchers. Fielder should bounce back, but I don't think it will be enough to boost his value back to that of his good ol' days...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya, this is my thinking if Fielder wasn’t on the WW. Lamb goes, Hanley moves up to Corner Infield position, and Eaton moves from Bench to OF. Hopefully he passes and I can get him as a FA for someone, I have until the weekend to drop Lamb for McCullers, so I get to wait a bit.

Fielder is off waivers on May 18th BTW. so right around when McCullers is likely to get another start after his Friday game, who will likely go May 19th-20th.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I see no issue adding Fielder for Lamb, but the other drop is what is hard. Dropping Lamb for McCullers is the easiest thing here... If it were up to me, I would drop Lamb for McCullers and run the risk of losing Fielder to a waiver pickup if you can pickup players here and there. If he is still available after that you can decide on who to drop with more ease and without losing your priority. I just don't think Fielder is worth the extra drop + the waiver priority; especially considering the fact that new players start on the WW.
    ^This is exactly what I was thinking too. There aren't two easy drops here. Fielder is really dropping off, and even in a shallower league I don't think I would use a waiver on him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would not use the waiver claim if you can pick up called up rookies. AJ Reed may be coming up in a month or so and there are some other high end prospects as well that you mentioned. I'd see if he clears waivers and then try and pick him up for a single drop and not lose your waiver spot.
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek