Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Barrie vs Hedman

Administrator

Default Re: Barrie vs Hedman

Until Barrie is gone from COL I'd assume he stays. It just makes zero sense for them to move him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Until Barrie is gone from COL I'd assume he stays. It just makes zero sense for them to move him.
    I agree, and they are just rumours, which also played into my choice to take him over Hedman.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's close but I would take Barrie.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

I never let you know what I did. The majority of my league thought I was crazy. I made the trade and got Barrie. Being that it's a limited keeper and a weekly lineup head to head I took Barrie because of injury concerns with Hedman.

Dobber Sports Monster

It could definitely work out for you. Barries has shown he's very capable of getting 50 points. Let's just hope he doesnt land somewhere that already has a clear #1 and 2.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    It could definitely work out for you. Barries has shown he's very capable of getting 50 points. Let's just hope he doesnt land somewhere that already has a clear #1 and 2.
    I know! I still think col should just pay him, he does so much for their offense.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    I know! I still think col should just pay him, he does so much for their offense.
    They're not set up well to deal with him being dealt. There's no PPQB in-house on the rise that is ready to go nutty like Barrie did once upon a time. It's like the Hamonic/NYI situation where trading the guy creates a hole that can only really be filled by the guy being traded.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is very close.

I'll take Hedman as I also think he has another gear, whereas I think we have probably seen the best of Barrie (not a knock on him, I just see him as being in that 45 to 55 point range), but I think we could see Hedman hit 60 in a career year. At worst I think Hedman is in that same range.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd take Hedman... can't let go of my delusions that he's on the cusp of breaking out into a 60+ stud.

The Great One

I have Hedman and wouldn't trade him for Barrie.

The Great One

I never let you know what I did. The majority of my league thought I was crazy. I made the trade and got Barrie. Being that it's a limited keeper and a weekly lineup head to head I took Barrie because of injury concerns with Hedman.
    I just traded for Hedman in my keeper league in February I think but why do people keeping talking about his injury concerns.

He played 78 this year.

59 the year before but 75 two years ago and 44 in 48 lockout games.

His missed 15 games in 3 years besides the year he only played 59.

If my math is correct, the last four seasons he's average 9.something game loss to injury. That's not concerning, thats the NHL.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I just traded for Hedman in my keeper league in February I think but why do people keeping talking about his injury concerns.

He played 78 this year.

59 the year before but 75 two years ago and 44 in 48 lockout games.

His missed 15 games in 3 years besides the year he only played 59.

If my math is correct, the last four seasons he's average 9.something game loss to injury. That's not concerning, thats the NHL.
    And the year before the last year you looked at he played 61. He has so much talent I hope it works for you. He has amazing stretches, and ones with nothing. As a long time owner I followed him a lot and he plays hurt a lot, but in those stretches he just doesn't produce fantasy wise. But he probably will now that I've traded him. In H2H he is a frustrating own, not to mention how the coach at times will just not put him on the pp.

The Great One

And the year before the last year you looked at he played 61. He has so much talent I hope it works for you. He has amazing stretches, and ones with nothing. As a long time owner I followed him a lot and he plays hurt a lot, but in those stretches he just doesn't produce fantasy wise. But he probably will now that I've traded him. In H2H he is a frustrating own, not to mention how the coach at times will just not put him on the pp.
    And the year before the 61 he played 79 and then his rookie year he played 74....I always thought he got hurt a lot too, and would always chirp the previous Hedman owner "Hedman hurt again, shocker".....but after I traded for him I looked at the numbers and was confused.

He does have stretches of amazing point runs just like he did in these playoffs.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    And the year before the 61 he played 79 and then his rookie year he played 74....I always thought he got hurt a lot too, and would always chirp the previous Hedman owner "Hedman hurt again, shocker".....but after I traded for him I looked at the numbers and was confused.

He does have stretches of amazing point runs just like he did in these playoffs.
    If you are in a H2H be prepared to be frustrated, ask Blayze. I'm not knocking his skill at all as he is at the top.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hedman is definitely a feast or famine type of guy...