Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Barrie vs Hedman

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Barrie vs Hedman

I've been offered Barrie for my Hedman.

I'm at a loss on who I should go with
    H2H. Points league

G=3 A=1.5 PIM =.2 STG =+1. STA =+.5. Major=+1.

I think Barrie has a higher upside and less chance of injury, but Hedman has the better team. Totally close, who do you like better?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Barrie vs Hedman

I like Hedman although I think it's very close. I'd side with Hedman because we don't know where Barrie will be playing next season at this point (rumours abound).

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks! That is where I was at, need more to respond so I an rep ya. (apparently you advise me a lot !)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pm-- just next year doesn't matter. They are both young, so let's say for 5 years...

Dobber Sports Monster

Man tough call, I do not envy your position in this!
    I want to lean towards Hedman because I personally think he has another gear we will soon see ala' Shea Weber(ish) 18-20 goal seasons. 'Which is huge with your point for goals. Hedman's shot is filthy.

So given that I personally feel Hedman will score more goals over a bulk period of time vs that of Barrie. I go with Hedman.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks Shake. Hedman's injuries and low moments have me considering it. I see Hedman having a higher goal total, But I wonder if Barrie can out point him by going assist crazy.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

As of right now I would take Hedman, I also believe he has another gear.. Barrie could be on a totally different team next season, so I'm just not sure where he will be and who he will be playing with..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm going to go against the pack here. This season Barrie had three more goals and two more points overall than Hedman. So pretty much even there, but Barrie had 10 more of those points on the powerplay (double Hedman's), which in your settings would help pretty significantly.

While Hedman definitely could hit another gear if he can finally grab more PP time from Stralman (which he clearly should be given, but Cooper seems to like deploying his two PP units relatively evenly), at this point, Barrie's in a better position on the powerplay. I also see him staying in a favourable position if he gets moved, especially if its to Edmonton. They're also seeing pretty much the same amount of total ice time, so there's not a ton of room for Hedman to improve there either. Also, Hedman sees a higher percentage of Ozone starts (55.81 vs 47.46 for Barrie), which would lead me to believe that Barrie actually has more room to improve his points total, especially if the rumours are true and he's on the move this summer. I could see him really flourishing on a team that would be looking to him to drive the offence from the blue line.

Overall, I think Hedman definitely could see an uptick in his points, particularly in the goals column; but right now, and in the next couple seasons, I think that both the ceiling and the floor are higher for Barrie.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I'm going to go against the pack here. This season Barrie had three more goals and two more points overall than Hedman. So pretty much even there, but Barrie had 10 more of those points on the powerplay (double Hedman's), which in your settings would help pretty significantly.

While Hedman definitely could hit another gear if he can finally grab more PP time from Stralman (which he clearly should be given, but Cooper seems to like deploying his two PP units relatively evenly), at this point, Barrie's in a better position on the powerplay. I also see him staying in a favourable position if he gets moved, especially if its to Edmonton. They're also seeing pretty much the same amount of total ice time, so there's not a ton of room for Hedman to improve there either. Also, Hedman sees a higher percentage of Ozone starts (55.81 vs 47.46 for Barrie), which would lead me to believe that Barrie actually has more room to improve his points total, especially if the rumours are true and he's on the move this summer. I could see him really flourishing on a team that would be looking to him to drive the offence from the blue line.

Overall, I think Hedman definitely could see an uptick in his points, particularly in the goals column; but right now, and in the next couple seasons, I think that both the ceiling and the floor are higher for Barrie.
    This actually really surprised me. I felt it would've been the other way around. Barrie should do well wherever he goes, and to be honest there isn't much to choose between them in terms of offensive talent.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

I was surprised by my first 3 responses by very knowledgeable folks. Ignolo brought up points I was going to ask about. Mostly cooper going back to not using Hedman so much on the pp once he has stralman again.

The Great One

Wen you consider Hedman's first quarter points it's a no brainer - issue has always been him sustaining it... You have to feel one year that he will and he will gobble up more pp time. O zone starts is a little misleading here as you aren't comparing apples with apples as Tampa is the better team overall

for me I have more faith in Hedman both sustaining and also kicking on a gear than I do Barrie

Dobber Sports Apprentice

HEDMAN ..... Not close

12 team keeper

dress 12F 6D 2G, bench 6F 3D 2G

keep 8 F, 4D, 1G, draft every year for the rest.

Forwards: 2pts/Goal 1pt/Assist 4pts/hattrick
    Defense: 3pts/Goal 1.5pts/Assist 6 pts/hattrick
    Both: 0.05 pts/Hit 0.05/Blocked shot

Goalie: 2pts/win 1pt/tie 5pts/Shutout 0.02pts/save

Dressed
    F - STAMKOS, OVECHKIN, KUCHEROV, PAVELSKI, BACKSTROM, DROUIN, PANARIN, WHEELER, Landeskog, Cammalieri, Marleau, Ward

D - HEDMAN, EKMAN-LARSSON, BARRIE, PARAYKO, Markov, Savard

G - HOLTBY, Anderson

Bench
    F - Burakovsky, Killorn, Hertl, Read, Rantanen, Sutter
    D - Trouba, Niskanen, Zidlicky
    G - Halak, Hammond

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BogosianLandeskog View Post
    HEDMAN ..... Not close
    As much as I like Hedman, and I agree he has another gear to his game if he gets used in a more offensive role, I still think Barrie is very close.

I lean toward Hedman though.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Administrator

It's close but I'd go with Barrie.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Both Barrie and Hedman have question marks around their production going forward.

Barrie is rumoured to be headed out of Colorado so who knows where he ends up. That could affect his production some, but that's the question marks for him. If he stays in Colorado, then he's the choice for me.

As far as Hedman goes, Stralman still affects his production to some extent, plus there's the health concerns with Hedman as well.

It's close but I'd want Barrie here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."