Thread: Le'Von Bell??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Le'Von Bell??

Will this guy ever have a healthy season from here on out?? I am in a 'keep two' PPR league and already have my 1 keeper..

Would anybody out there keep >> J.Nelson(GB) or B.Marshall(NYJ) instead of L.Bell (PIT)??

Or am I crazy for even contemplating this??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Le'Von Bell??

I think you'd be absolutely nuts to not keep Bell. If health is a concern, make sure you provide yourself enough insurance by drafting DWill well before his current 12th round ADP

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I think you'd be absolutely nuts to not keep Bell. If health is a concern, make sure you provide yourself enough insurance by drafting DWill well before his current 12th round ADP
    This is my thought aswell.. I just know RB's don't have a long shelf life, I am definitely overreacting here.. I will be targeting D.Williams forsure this season..

Dobber Sports Expert

No absolutely not. Bell is easily a difference between winning a week and losing a week. Who are you going to replace him with at running back? Bell is still widely ranked as the #1 RB in leagues. It's insane to cut bait there.

Nelson is coming off a brutal injury from last season and he battled shoulders problems in the past. Age is creeping up and he is just as injury prone as Bell.

Marshall is no spring chicken either and has dealt with multiple nagging injuries the past few seasons (last season excluded). Marshall is a solid fantasy bet (if Fitz returns to the Jets) but not merited for a keeper pick over Bell in a keep 2.

Who is your other keeper btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Who is your other keeper btw?
    Allen Robinson(JAC).............. I'm going to keep L.Bell, I was just frustrated when I heard he might not start the season because of that injury from last season.. I just hope he returns and is effective..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I think you'd be absolutely nuts to not keep Bell.
    This.

No keep Bell, but follow the Whale's advice and have some depth at the position. Here's the thing with Bell and his current rehab...

His current injury is a multi-ligament injury (PCL and MCL). when that happens the rehab is much more difficult to execute than compared to a single ligament tear. For example...say, only the PCL is torn the knee becomes destabilized in one direction.Post surgery rehab is focused on the one ligament with all other ligaments stabilizing the knee in the other directions. When you have a multi ligament tear now the knee becomes destabilized in two (in this example) directions. That makes rehabing one ligament without negatively affecting the other very difficult. It's a much slower paced rehab.

Also with the PCL he may never truly regain pre-injury form. He'll still be a great back, but his explosiveness won't be at the level it was pre-injury. Ever.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Also with the PCL he may never truly regain pre-injury form. He'll still be a great back, but his explosiveness won't be at the level it was pre-injury. Ever.
    This is exactly what I am worried about.. I will definitely be targeting D.Williams..

Dobber Sports Expert

No keep Bell, but follow the Whale's advice and have some depth at the position. Here's the thing with Bell and his current rehab...

His current injury is a multi-ligament injury (PCL and MCL). when that happens the rehab is much more difficult to execute than compared to a single ligament tear. For example...say, only the PCL is torn the knee becomes destabilized in one direction.Post surgery rehab is focused on the one ligament with all other ligaments stabilizing the knee in the other directions. When you have a multi ligament tear now the knee becomes destabilized in two (in this example) directions. That makes rehabing one ligament without negatively affecting the other very difficult. It's a much slower paced rehab.

So how active would you be shopping Bell this off-season? He's a first round so he's not a great bargain, but I would be keeping him at pick #9. Just entertaining the thought since I'm deep with keepers.

I can't advocate shopping Bell, but I'm not against the idea either. It would depend on your depth at the position and other roster needs. Zorro has the right idea insofar as targeting D-Williams as a handcuff.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

I can't advocate shopping Bell, but I'm not against the idea either. It would depend on your depth at the position and other roster needs. Zorro has the right idea insofar as targeting D-Williams as a handcuff.
    Bell I feel can fetch a lot and I have solid keepers all around hence why I'm entertaining the idea...really depends on who will offer what. So keepers in our league work that they go draft -1 in subsequent years (4th becomes a 3rd next year etc; can't keep your 1st & 2nd from last year). So right now my possible keepers in a keep 3:
    Gurley (12th round...lock)
    Allen Robinson (4th round...lock)
    Bell (1st round)
    Peterson (1st round)
    Cobb (3rd round)
    Sammy Watkins (8th round)
    Tyler Eifert (11th round)