Thread: Trade Proposed to me

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Proposed to me

Yahoo Keeper league H2H 12 teams 2 divisions 7X7 Cats

I get

Chris Carter

I give

Prince Fielder

My team C Mcann 1B Fielder Duda 2B Dozier, Pedroia 3B Bryan 3B/OF, César Hernández 2B,3B,SS
    SS Desmond SS/OF Alcides Escobar OF CarGo, Bautista, Calhoun, Rasmus DL Yangervis Solarte 1B,2B,3B

Pitchers SP Jake Arrieta, Zack Girenke, Francisco Liriano, Jose Berrios, John Lackey, Jaime Garcia, AJ Griffith, RP Herrera, Watson, Rondon, Giles, Sigreist DL Romo

Thanks,

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trade Proposed to me

I would hang onto Fielder, for now. If you wanted to shop him, then you could probably do a little better.
    You could also respond making it a 2 for 2 and trying to shore up a weaker spot like SS or Catcher.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So do you think maybe if I did Fielder and Desmond for Carter and Lindor or am I still not really gaining anything/is it fair. Also he has Salvador Perez for Catcher so another option could be Fielder and Mcann for Carter and Perez but not sure if that would help me or if it's a fair trade.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, it doesn't seem like there really is an upgrade with either of those spots. Anything that he has in the outfield which might make sense with Cargo or Calhoun?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't seem like there really is an upgrade with either of those spots. Anything that he has in the outfield which might make sense with Cargo or Calhoun?
    Yeah he has now cancelled that first trade and changed it to Carter and Neil Walker for Prince Fielder, Again I don't need a 2B and would probably drop Dozier if I made that deal. His OF's are Kemp, Holliday Hanley Ramirez 1B/OF Brandon Drury 3B/OF and Miguel Sano 3B/OF so not sure if there really is a guy I should target out of any of those and or if so who I should Give up.

Thanks,

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bbgarnett View Post
    Yeah he has now cancelled that first trade and changed it to Carter and Neil Walker for Prince Fielder, Again I don't need a 2B and would probably drop Dozier if I made that deal. His OF's are Kemp, Holliday Hanley Ramirez 1B/OF Brandon Drury 3B/OF and Miguel Sano 3B/OF so not sure if there really is a guy I should target out of any of those and or if so who I should Give up.

Thanks,
    Yeah, I don't really see any solid deal there. Do you feel that pitching is somewhere that you and the other manager could make work?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

these are his pitchers so nothing too spectacular and I really don't see him wanting to give up any of those relievers who would likely be an upgrade over Giles

SP Quintana, Roark SP/RP, Andriese SP/RP, Jose Fernanadez, Verlander, Karns, Price, Davenski SP/RP, Darvish (DL)

RP Betances, Mcgee, Casilla, Chapman

His other players are Rizzo, Pujols, Josh Harrision 2B/3B/OF and on another note he has Dee Gordon who is Suspended.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah. Unless you want to inquire about a bigger deal involving Rizzo or Price, I would probably stand pat.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well he has now offered me this

I get

Anthony Rizzo
    Neil Walker

I give

Prince Fielder
    Kris Bryant

I would counter the same but replace Walker with Sano

Thanks for any suggestions you provide.

Dobber Sports Titan

If you swap Sano in there then it's pretty even. I wouldn't do the Walker deal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey well I swapped Sano in there and he said no and so we've gone back and forth plenty of times but now he has proposed me this

I get Rizzo, Sano Walker I give Pedroia, Bautista, Bryant

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bbgarnett View Post
    Hey well I swapped Sano in there and he said no and so we've gone back and forth plenty of times but now he has proposed me this

I get Rizzo, Sano Walker I give Pedroia, Bautista, Bryant
    That's way farther off. Bit of an insult of an offer really. Seems like he's overvaluing Rizzo a little if he needs two stars in return.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

OK yeah assumed it wasn't the best and so I rejected

Dobber Sports Titan

It doesn't seem as though you and him are a great fit for trades at the moment. All of these deals are shuffling the deck chairs at the same positions anyways. Play with what you have for now unless you get a really solid offer from him.

The Wolverine

Yeah, glad you rejected. One suggestion I have is to make sure that trade offers are focused. That is, have a goal and if you feel that pieces are beginning to be added just the sake of being added then it's best to stop and re-evaluate. Sometimes, it can get us a bit lost once counter offers are going back and forth and we risk giving up more than we intend to.