Thread: Keeper Selection- REP GIVEN

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper Selection- REP GIVEN

Choose 4 players to keep out of this list. For me there are some very difficult decisions which is why i need some help! This is a H2H league, NO PPR.

Points are standard across the board in terms of receiving and rushing yards/TDs. Only difference is QBs get 6 points for TD- our league values QBs quite a bit. We get to start 2 QBs as well.

Have fun choosing! . . . . . .

Eli Manning
    Phil Rivers
    Tony Romo

Thomas Rawls
    Mark Ingram
    Demarco Murray
    Jeremy Langford

Randall Cobb
    TY Hilton
    Amari Cooper
    Doug Baldwin
    Julian Edelman
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper Selection- REP GIVEN

Cobb, Cooper, Edelman, Rivers/Manning. QB would be up to you, but depending on INT neg points, I’d prolly go with Manning. I’m in a league with a massive penalty for INT’s and I Manning 2 yrs ago was terrible for it.

I’d get going 2QBs too, but I’ll stick to 1 because you always get the surprises (Cousins, Fitz, Newton)

I would get going with something like:
    Cobb, Cooper, **RB**, Rivers/Manning.

RB, I dunno if I trust Rawls, but out of the group in a non PPR league he would be my choice. If it was a PPR, Langford would be my choice.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

2 QBs is an easy keep here. Preference for Romo (despite the injury history) and Manning here. This alo depends on how many teams are in your league however and what the QB pool figures to look like heading into draft day. If you have more than 12 teams, then I would keep 2 QBs: fewer teams, I would roll with one.

As for your other two, a RB/WR combo is a good bet. With no PPR, there's no need to focus on WR. I would say Cooper and Ingram would be my two choices.

Rawls and Langford were darlings last season but Ingram will see the most workload out of the RBs listed. Won't be surprised if Murray loses time to Henry, they didn't spend a 2nd rounder for nothing. Same with SEA, expect Prosise to see a significant amount of action this season. I think Rawls will be over drafted (too early) in leagues this season.

Cobb and Hilton are tough to pass up but Cooper was excellent and the go to guy in Oakland. I like Carr going forward. Edelman another tough guy to pass up but his injury history scares me a tad. Being as it is a keeper league, I'd be looking at the younger Cooper option here. With no round penalization (by the looks of things) this is a guy I want on my rosters for years to come.

So my keepers would be:
    12 or more teams:
    Romo
    Manning
    Ingram
    Cooper

Less than 12 teams:
    Manning (lack of a running game in NY plus more weapons in the receiving game give him the edge here)
    Ingram
    Cooper
    Cobb

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would think the 2 QB keep would be wise as I'm sure alot of the other GM's would be keeping 2 aswell.. I like RIVERS and MANNING here actually.. I've never been huge on Romo, but he does put up some nice numbers 'when healthy'.

Next, because its not a PPR league I would take COOPER over Edelman.

And then after that I would roll the dice on RAWLS.. Seattle needs to run and RAWLS can be that guy..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Of this list I would keep 1QB, 1RB, 2WR.

QB:
    I like all 3 to be top 15 options this year but Eli is the guy I'm keeping. With Mcadoo as their HC I see a more efficient offense. I would be taking one of the other two with your 1st round pick. Most likely Rivers.

RB:
    -Ingram seems like a no brainer to me. If memory serves, he was the top RB until he got hurt. The Saints will have to stick to the same game plan if they have any shot at the playoffs.
    -Rawls is on a team that will rely way more of the pass. He'll still get his but I don't think he'll be producing better than an high end RB2
    -Langford and Murray didn't impress me at all last year. Both teams have other options that will eat into their volume.

WR, you have 4 really tempting options as keepers but I rank as:

Cobb- with Nelson back to #1 duty, Cobb can go back to what he was doing as Rodgers second option. He'll finish top 12 this year.
    Cooper- I'm a big fan of him but in a keep 4 I think you have to keep the best options to help you win this year. TD's is what gives him the advantage of TY
    Hilton- he's going to bounce back in a big way this year. Obviously that's if Luck can stay upright.
    Baldwin- last year he really came on an d will be the top target on a pass heavy offense. I'd be tempted to go with him over Cooper
    Edleman- his value really takes a hit in non ppr leagues. Easy no for me

So I keep Eli, Ingram, Cobb, Cooper

Dobber Sports Deity

Some really good replies here.

Personally, I am with The Whale and agree with his four keepers - Eli, Ingram, Cobb, and Cooper.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

I'd keep Romo over Eli, unless you're worried about his health. But when healthy, he's much better than Eli. Then I'd keep Cooper and Cobb. Not sure I trust Ingram in the pass first Saints O, but I'd want to go into next year with a RB so I'd do Romo, Ingram, Cooper, Cobb.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Some really good replies here.

Personally, I am with The Whale and agree with his four keepers - Eli, Ingram, Cobb, and Cooper.
    Me too.

This has been very helpful. With the guys I have to choose from, you can see it's no easy decision. There are arguments to be made for most of those guys.

Eli is safe bet over Romo due to injury history. Ingram gets the bulk of the work in NO and Cooper and Cobb have proved they are reliable options.

W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

Now for another tough keeper selection. In my other Football league I have the following players to choose from in a .5 PPR.

Romo
    Dalton
    Lacy
    Forte
    Brown
    Gronk

Obviously Brown and Gronk are locks.. But in a 10 team, 2 QB league, I'm having trouble deciding who to pick from from my remaining QBs and RBs.

Suggestions?

W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

Dobber Sports Titan

Lacy is next for me. Past that, again depends on the health factor for Romo, but if you don't mind that risk, he's next.
    Dalton/Forte is a bit of a toss up that I would decide based on the position I want (what I can less easily replace in the draft).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Romo & Lacy for me. Lacy could be a steal next season as many are down on his performance from last year. Word is he's rejuvenated to be the back he was a couple of seasons ago and shedded weight this offseason. Also add in Nelson's return who will help to stretch the field. That opens up Lacy and the run game as much as it opens Cobb as well. Expect a big turn around for the Packers O next season.

Dalton will get a lot of hype but I see a regression here. They lost weapons in the receiving game and Eifert's health is starting to bring a question mark as well. I see his TDs and yardage totals down from last season.

If your initial inquiry was for a ten team league then I would go w/The Whale's advice insofar as keeping only one QB, However, if this is for a 12+ team league in a two QB format then I'm w/Goldendelicious in having to keep 2 QBs.
    @SmittysRant