Thread: Denis Guryanov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Denis Guryanov

Saw this tweet the other day and noticed it hasn't been brought up yet:

#DallasStars prospect Denis Guryanov has officially terminated his KHL contract with Lada Togliatti team.
    https://twitter.com/RUSProspects/sta...13267373346816
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Denis Guryanov

What happened to him this year? Five (?!?) points in 47 KHL games. Assuming he is making the jump to NA with the contract termination. Good sized kid, skilled, good skater; anyone who has a track to Dallas top 6 F status needs to be on the watch list. But its hard to know what to think of those numbers. If he was overwhelmed as an 18 yr old in the KHL its not really going to get easier as a 19 yr old in the AHL.

Dobber Sports Stud

Dallas track record of doing well in the 1st round is abysmal so i wouldn't expect anything out of this guy....and with guys like Janmark, Rousel and Faksa (coincidentally a dallas 1st lol) all on the rise i think the window of opportunity for top 6 is slamming shut this guy is a long way from relevance

Big D needs to get their last "russian flop" pick on course before they worry about the next one.....lol
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    Dallas track record of doing well in the 1st round is abysmal so i wouldn't expect anything out of this guy....and with guys like Janmark, Rousel and Faksa (coincidentally a dallas 1st lol) all on the rise i think the window of opportunity for top 6 is slamming shut this guy is a long way from relevance

Big D needs to get their last "russian flop" pick on course before they worry about the next one.....lol
    Gotta disagree with this take. KHL rookie numbers are pretty difficult to take much away from. His team apparently didn;t have anyone that managed more than 25 points over the whole season. he was also apparently being deployed as a fourth liner, getting something like 10 minutes of ice time max. hi steam finished with 13 wins and 30 losses. Considering he's still 18, I don;t think we're anywhere near "give up on this guy" territory yet based on his numbers playing with the big boys in the KHL while on a crap team and getting crap shifts.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Gotta disagree with this take. KHL rookie numbers are pretty difficult to take much away from. His team apparently didn;t have anyone that managed more than 25 points over the whole season. he was also apparently being deployed as a fourth liner, getting something like 10 minutes of ice time max. hi steam finished with 13 wins and 30 losses. Considering he's still 18, I don;t think we're anywhere near "give up on this guy" territory yet based on his numbers playing with the big boys in the KHL while on a crap team and getting crap shifts.
    very good insight and info that i did not know....+1

however i stand by everything i said this guy is a long way from fantasy relevance and i would not expect much

i also offer a counter point....if the team was indeed struggling that poorly you would think more ice time could have been won by the kid? idk
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Sage

Dobber Sports Pro

Great skater, powerful, excellent shot. This is a guy with a goal scorer's mentality. Very dynamic player who Craig Button said had top 10 or even top 5 talent before the draft last year. Think of a more offensively gifted version of Chris Kreider. That's the kind of potential you're looking at with Gurianov, which is pretty good I'd say. A great buy low candidate for big leagues with slots to stash away potential future stars. I was able to snatch him up for a fairly cheap price in one of my dynasty leagues.

Note:
    Gurianov's contract also includes a 'European Assignment clause' allowing him to go back to Europe if he is not on the #Stars roster.

Also found this interview with Jim Nill talking about Gurianov after the draft
    http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...831008&lang=en

Hope this helped.

Dobber Sports Stud

Bump. 19 points in 38 AHL games so far. Not exactly lighting it up, but a huge improvement over last season, and pretty decent for a 19 year old in the AHL. Anyone have any thoughts on his near term fantasy value?
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Administrator

I'd say one more year of development. The Stars don't have a need to rush any of their forwards. Their holes are elsewhere on the roster.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's good to hear. I just aquired him in a trade as a throw in. Figured he was a huge Russian boom or bust prospect that would be worth the gamble when the price was right
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles