Thread: Berrios

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Berrios

I know it's only been 3 starts and I know the talent is there, but I waited around last year when Rodon was struggling and had a pretty high WHIP and it just never really turned the corner. Is Berrios going to go through the same growing pains? Plus Minnesota is realllllllllllllllly bad.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Berrios

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I know it's only been 3 starts and I know the talent is there, but I waited around last year when Rodon was struggling and had a pretty high WHIP and it just never really turned the corner. Is Berrios going to go through the same growing pains? Plus Minnesota is realllllllllllllllly bad.
    Definitely a young pitcher who is going through an adjustment to the major leagues. Berrios has great stuff and had some very solid walk rates in the minors (before this year). In a one year league he will help you in K's but will be toss up as far as ratios and wins go all season. I'd consider him more of a streamer than a start every game kind of pitcher.

Summary: I'd move him if the right offer/waiver player became available. I bet there are a lot of guys who will give similar value to Berrios that are sitting on the waiver wire (Jonathan Gray comes to mind as a similar comparison who's probably available in your league)
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Titan

Agree with Nuge. He's a decent player, but there are much more valuable guys to own full time
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Are you asking because you have Berrios on your roster already or he's a waiver prospect? If his waiver, who are you considering to drop? Last year Rodon righted his ship and was a stud down the stretch once he got used to the league and player tendencies. The biggest worry is lack of water nevertheless layout my for Twins.
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by MacLiii View Post
    Are you asking because you have Berrios on your roster already or he's a waiver prospect? If his waiver, who are you considering to drop? Last year Rodon righted his ship and was a stud down the stretch once he got used to the league and player tendencies. The biggest worry is lack of water nevertheless layout my for Twins.
    I had him in my NA spot and now have him in my roster. But it's only a 10 team league and I'm in 9th

Dobber Sports Titan

In a 10 team league, he should be droppable, depending on who's in FA.
    Also wondering if you would be keeping him? (Real question there is how many, if any, keepers?)
    Being in 9th though, you probably have to do something larger scale than dropping Berrios.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Pro

None of the rookie pitchers have worked out except Snell and he got shipped back to the minors. Let him go and look forward to Glasnow,Talion, or Giolitto.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Immortal

Trying to bank on this guy working out this time around. Solid SP is literally impossible to find on the wire right now. And half of those that were drafted have been either inconsistent or hurt.

Go Berrios!

Dobber Sports Titan

Best of luck to you on that! It does seem as though SP has been even more of a crapshoot this year than usual.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Best of luck to you on that! It does seem as though SP has been even more of a crapshoot this year than usual.
    Definitely. Plus the 10 day DL = more waiver wire usage to fill up those spots.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah this 10 Day DL is messing with everything. I have been pretty busy too so I'm not as on top of baseball lineups as I was hockey in the winter. Making it tough to keep up.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yeah this 10 Day DL is messing with everything. I have been pretty busy too so I'm not as on top of baseball lineups as I was hockey in the winter. Making it tough to keep up.
    Id be interested in changing the Dobber league to a weekly lineup next year. Although I guess that wouldn't fix the DL issue.

Dobber Sports Titan

I could be tempted by that change. But no, wouldn't fix the DL issue.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Obviously love the return on Berrios right now....but are you kidding me with his schedule so far!?

3 starts:
    @ Clev
    vs Colorado
    @ Balt
    vs Houston

Here's hoping he can have another stellar outing today.