Thread: Pavel Buchnevich

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Pavel Buchnevich

Sounds like the NY Rangers are about to sign him. Any forecast where he will play? Hes a LW and JT Miller & Chris Kreider are also LW. What is this guys forecast to produce if in the top 6 if someone gets shipped out (Miller-Kreider)?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Pavel Buchnevich

He will play in the NHL for sure. Probably on the 3rd line. But he could make a push and play on the 2nd line.

Next year, I see him around 35-40pts.

You could find threads about him with the search button.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's one of, if not, the best offensive prospects the Rangers have. He'll make a push before most of the guys who played in Hartford this year. Depends a lot on how they plan on deploying him. AV's been well known to have trust issues especially with young players. If he gets the JT Miller treatment for the bulk of the season, which wouldn't surprise me, a single turnover in a game could cost him 10+ minutes of ice time. That being said, the kid is and has been playing professional hockey - not junior. I think 35-40 is safe. He has the potential to hit 50 if he gets the right opportunity on the 2nd line, but that would likely require the departure of a few other key elements, which I don't think is necessarily a bad play for the blueshirts.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Pro

He may play lw mainly but he could still move to the right side. NYR's top 6 W positions are full, so yeah third line or AHL to start, until someone is shipped out (Nash). He will be a good one though. Start sloww (35-45 as above) but in the top 6 could be 55-65.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't think anyone gets shipped out. Look for him to start out on the 3rd line and move into the top 6 IF he earns it.

Dobber Sports Sage

http://nypost.com/2016/05/10/rangers...summer-domino/

Sounds like he could be under contract before the weekend is over.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I don't think anyone gets shipped out. Look for him to start out on the 3rd line and move into the top 6 IF he earns it.
    Miller and Kreider are both restricted free agents. I wonder if 1 or both will be back. Could open a spot for Pavel. COULD

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dobber Sports Ace

Can't wait to see what he can do. Will start on the 3rd line and by Christmas will be in the top 6
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I don't see anyone moving, and I figure that Buchnevich will get between 25-35 points this year in the NHL, and only if he sticks. I likely see him getting some seasoning in the AHL for part of the year, and that will hurt his immediate impact. He has the tools to eventually top out at 50 points...sort of like a rich man's Artem Anisimov.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I don't see anyone moving, and I figure that Buchnevich will get between 25-35 points this year in the NHL, and only if he sticks. I likely see him getting some seasoning in the AHL for part of the year, and that will hurt his immediate impact. He has the tools to eventually top out at 50 points...sort of like a rich man's Artem Anisimov.
    His upside is way higher than someone that tops out at 50 points. His production on the KHL at a young age is comparable to stars in the NHL and his international tournaments have also been excellent. This is a big time prospect that could bust (like any could) but his upside is very high.

Dobber Sports Ace

Where would folks here rank him in comparison to this year's draft (taking into consideration where he looks to be lining up in the Rangers' roster)? There's not a ton of threads talking much about him.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Stud

the main issue as I see it is that AV just does not seem to give kids all that much ice time.

No doubt NY can use him but unfortunately I see him being used as a bottom cog until he starts to force his way into more ice time. Anthony Duclair found himself on Broadway but hardly saw the ice enough to display much of anything and would have been better off in juniors (obviously just my opinion) before being shipped off to Arizona. Lindberg and Fast got similar treatment and they are now 24

I felt the same way about Kuznetsov and Trotz who has a similar modus operandi with younger players and ice time.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.