Thread: Fantasy sites to automate a league????????

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Fantasy sites to automate a league????????

I'm looking for help to find an automated stat site to help with the day to day stat keeping in one of my leagues.

I have run into a few problems.

1.Season is broken into 5-6 4+ week periods that don't always align on a given day of the month (usually first or second Sunday of the month the period stats cut off). Trades cut offs are the following Monday at midnight. The issue of not following a calendar seems to throw things off.
    2.We keep +- and have an odd way of counting. A plus is a plus/ countered by a minus (which is a minus). Great for first period, but if a player is a minus in the second month it counters againsts actual G/A. Ex: If Karlsson is 3/G, 10/A and a +7 in period one he counts 20pts (3+10+7=20). If he is 2/G, 12/A but is -4 in the second period he is only counting 10 pts. (2+12-4=10). Seems to create problems for most sites.
    3.The number of players in each category (position) seems to throw some sites off. In each period, only the top 14 F and 8 D and 3 G count, regardless of how many players are carried at each position. Again some sites can't deal with this.
    4.The league is almost 30 years old and nobody wants to change the format or categories measured (biggest issue). The stats are still done manually (really) and it is slow and we are at the mercy of our stat guy (still waiting on year end stats).

I believe automating the league, giving real time stats will give life (re:trading) to GM's that have to wait to see where their at before deals are made. Interest overall should pick up. I play a number of fantasy teams in a number of leagues and I know there are some fantastic sites to help, but none that seem to cater to our issue. My fear is until changes are made in the league format, nothing will change when it comes to stat taking. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Frustrated.
    F-Crosby,Jarvis,Wheeler,Horvat,Mittlestadt,Landeskog ,
    Cooley,Newhook,JT.Miller,Vrana,Bjorkstrand,Connor,
    Greenway, Aho

D-Carlson,Hedman,Pulock,Pionk,
    Klingberg,Addisson,Forsling,Korchinski

G-Hellebuyck,Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=1pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=3pts,T=1,SO=2,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Fantasy sites to automate a league????????

Premium Fantrax is your answer. Once you pay for the league you can email them and they will create custom scoring categories for you, we did this in one of my leagues. They can also merge periods together so they might be able to do the scheduling you're looking for as well.

Good luck

The Great One

Yup.

It's $80 a year though but, in my opinion, worth it.

If they can't do it for you, no other site will.

Banned

Fantrax has DFS?

Dobber Sports Master

only thing I'm unsure of is their ability to count 'top x'

other than that they should be able to calculate your setup

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ramrod, this doesn't sound like a DFS question, it sounds more like a normal points league question. Please clarify.

But I agree, Fantrax is the most likely to be able to help you. They have been most helpful when I converted three leagues over this year.

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill