Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Now that Boudreau is gone, Gibson or Andersen as the #1 in Anaheim?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Now that Boudreau is gone, Gibson or Andersen as the #1 in Anaheim?

What is Andersen's contract situation?
    I've never been good with understanding these things.
    I know he is 26. I know he is an RFA this summer.
    What kind of negotiating power does that give him?

Isn't it something like 27 that is the UFA age? (a certain number of years or 27, something like that)

I guess my point/question is... what will Freddie Andersen be looking to do contract-wise?
    Sign a 1-year deal?
    Or force the Ducks hand to sign him long-term?

Dobber Sports Deity

Andersen is a Restricted free agent who is eligible for arbitration under the league rules:

Salary arbitration is a contract negotiation method that uses a third party arbitrator to determine a fair contract term and length for an expiring RFA player. Arbitration can be requested if a player meets the following conditions (CBA Reference 12.1 (b)):◦The player qualifies as a Restricted Free Agent (RFA)
    ◦The player has not signed an offer sheet
    ◦The player has met the required professional years of experience, as shown in the list below

•Eligibility for salary arbitration is dependent on entry-level signing age, and professional experience (CBA Reference 12.1 (a)):◦18-20: 4 years professional experience.
    ◦21: 3 years professional experience.
    ◦22-23: 2 years professional experience.
    ◦24 and older: 1 year professional experience.
    -Signing age is the age the player is on September 15 of the year they signed their contract, unless they turn 19 from September 16-December 31, in which case they are considered 20.
    -Players aged 18 or 19 are considered to have completed a year of professional experience when they have played 10 or more NHL games in that season. Players aged 20 or older have completed a year of professional experience when they have played 10 games in a professional league, while under an SPC.

I found this site explains restricted free agency nicely as well.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhl...ree-Agents.htm
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks.
    So what do you think his best move as a player would be? Sign a short deal to bridge out to his UFA? Or try to force ANA to sign him to a long deal?

Dobber Sports Deity

I think a lot will probably depend on discussions with the Ducks this summer and what they see as their long-term plans there with their goaltending. He may just want to sign a one-year deal, which will give him UFA status at the end of that one-year deal next summer. He also could simply request a trade (again it depends on how talks with the Ducks go).

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Andersen will be traded. The writing has been on the wall for over a year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Andersen will be traded. The writing has been on the wall for over a year.
    Won't you shit your pants if they re-sign Andersen and deal away Gibson. LOL!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Won't you shit your pants if they re-sign Andersen and deal away Gibson. LOL!
    If I had said it Gibson would have been traded two minutes later. It's the way the world works. Andersen probably is the one that gets dealt, but if Anaheim gets a much better return for Gibby, then the would be foolish not to consider it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

One big key to Anaheim (and a lesser extent other tandems- StL) is the likely upcoming expansion draft. IF an expansion draft were to happen next summer and Anaheim had both Gibson and Andersen on their roster they would certainly lose the one they didn't protect. Knowing that Anaheim must know they have 11 months to sort out who their starter is, and move the other one for value.

I could see Anaheim going a number of directions this summer. I think they'll try hard to negotiate a deal with Andersen, if they get him signed to a reasonable deal they have a year to trade him for solid value. If they can't get a reasonable deal I wouldn't be surprised to see them let other teams try and negotiate a deal with him after July 1st and then work out a sign-and-trade deal. If Andersen starts the year with Anaheim he could in theory work his way into the #1 role causing Gibson to be traded but that seems unlikely. Andersen filing for arbitration could throw the whole thing into chaos, a one-year deal would give a team trading for him certainty of price but no idea what his longterm demands would be.

If the expansion draft wasn't likely a year away I'd say that Anaheim still had time to use both and move Andersen when his value was highest but given the draft could be next June I'd say they are on the clock.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

goalies dont fetch alot via trade. say the ducks can get a high 3rd rounder for him, if you were anaheim would you make the trade? i wouldnt, if gibson goes down andersen will still be needed if the ducks are going to make a run again next season. i imagine that offer will still be there at the trade deadline as well if by some miracle anaheim isnt going to make the playoffs.

thus, i believe both will likely be in anaheim unless anaheim gets an offer they cant refuse. i doubt a cory for 9th overall pick situation will come up, so whats enough to move your 1a/1b starting goaltender? which team would be willing to overpay?

we'll find out i suppose. i like gibson slightly more since i doubt he gets moved.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    goalies dont fetch alot via trade. say the ducks can get a high 3rd rounder for him, if you were anaheim would you make the trade? i wouldnt, if gibson goes down andersen will still be needed if the ducks are going to make a run again next season. i imagine that offer will still be there at the trade deadline as well if by some miracle anaheim isnt going to make the playoffs.

thus, i believe both will likely be in anaheim unless anaheim gets an offer they cant refuse. i doubt a cory for 9th overall pick situation will come up, so whats enough to move your 1a/1b starting goaltender? which team would be willing to overpay?

we'll find out i suppose. i like gibson slightly more since i doubt he gets moved.
    Cory Schneider for 9th overall

Martin Jones for 13th overall and Sean Kuraly

Good young #1 goalies get pretty high returns. They just don't get traded that often.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'd like to know what Toronto or Calgary would give up for Andersen?? I can't see it being anything too substantial..

It wouldn't be Nylander, Marner, Rielly, 1st overall(TOR) or Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett, Giordano, Brodie, Hamilton, or 6th overall(CGY)..

Would it be JVR/Kadri/Gardiner or Coburne/Ferland/Jokippaka ??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Jesus. If Anaheim is gonna take Colborne, Treliving is paying Colborne first class to get on a plane ASAP out of pocket.

If I'm Toronto, it depends what Anaheim wants. I'd do Pittsburgh's first and either TOR 2nd or a prospect.

If I'm Calgary, I hoped for Dallas' first. Since no, I'd offer my 2nd (36th overall), Poirier, and another prospect. Maybe Gillies?

Jesus. If Anaheim is gonna take Colborne, Treliving is paying Colborne first class to get on a plane ASAP out of pocket.

If I'm Toronto, it depends what Anaheim wants. I'd do Pittsburgh's first and either TOR 2nd or a prospect.

If I'm Calgary, I hoped for Dallas' first. Since no, I'd offer my 2nd (36th overall), Poirier, and another prospect. Maybe Gillies?
    So nothing really substantial then.. I wonder if Anaheim has received any offers on either goalie??

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    So nothing really substantial then.. I wonder if Anaheim has received any offers on either goalie??
    Well what do you consider substantial? Is Bo Horvat or Zach Senshyn/Sean Kuraly more substantial than either I've proposed?

Gillies is projected to be the next Schneider/Gibson/Murray/Vasilevskiy/Hellebyuck, Poirier is a first round pick, and Calgary's second is almost equivalent to a late first.

The Toronto package is basically 2 late firsts, or a late first and like Kapanen.

Well what do you consider substantial? Is Bo Horvat or Zach Senshyn/Sean Kuraly more substantial than either I've proposed?

Gillies is projected to be the next Schneider/Gibson/Murray/Vasilevskiy/Hellebyuck, Poirier is a first round pick, and Calgary's second is almost equivalent to a late first.

The Toronto package is basically 2 late firsts, or a late first and like Kapanen.
    Not bad actually for a guy they may NEED to trade anyway.. Is Gillies really projected to be the next young stud?? The next hot commodity between the pipes??