Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Now that Boudreau is gone, Gibson or Andersen as the #1 in Anaheim?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Now that Boudreau is gone, Gibson or Andersen as the #1 in Anaheim?

Does Boudreau's firing change anything? Still a 1A 1B system or you think there will be a clear #1?

Gibson is signed 3 years and Andersen is a RFA....Andersen could be traded?

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Now that Boudreau is gone, Gibson or Andersen as the #1 in Anaheim?

I think this question is just as muddy now as it's ever been. I think a lot will come down to what they do with Andersen. That's step one to getting the answer to the question. IF they trade him, there's your answer. If they re-sign him, then we will be waiting to hear who the new coach will be and hope he offers some clarity early on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think this question is just as muddy now as it's ever been. I think a lot will come down to what they do with Andersen. That's step one to getting the answer to the question. IF they trade him, there's your answer. If they re-sign him, then we will be waiting to hear who the new coach will be and hope he offers some clarity early on.
    Agree with Axe here. The contract situation, as well as the new head coach are two big question marks that need to be answered first.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Something will have to give here eventually.. Both guys are starter material and both guys will need the bulk of the starts.. And what's happening in Anaheim now clearly isn't working, not in the playoffs anyway..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Something will have to give here eventually.. Both guys are starter material and both guys will need the bulk of the starts.. And what's happening in Anaheim now clearly isn't working, not in the playoffs anyway..
    I think their playoff problem was playing Nashville

I agree with your point though. They need to go with one, and swap the other one for help on F (They definitely don't need help on D) that they can use for a run next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't think they are going to be able to sign Andersen for anything less than what a #1 commands. My guess is that they will move Andersen and roll with Gibson. The gap as far as skill and numbers goes isn't big at all so why not just go with the cheaper #1 option. Of course that's just a guess and I'm rarely right when it comes to reading NHL GMs minds

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    I don't think they are going to be able to sign Andersen for anything less than what a #1 commands. My guess is that they will move Andersen and roll with Gibson. The gap as far as skill and numbers goes isn't big at all so why not just go with the cheaper #1 option. Of course that's just a guess and I'm rarely right when it comes to reading NHL GMs minds

I agree. they won't be able to resign Andersen. while he's a RFA, so he can't sign wherever he wants, he'll either demand too much money or just outright ask to be traded to another team. Calgary and Toronto are the two most obvious options.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I agree. they won't be able to resign Andersen. while he's a RFA, so he can't sign wherever he wants, he'll either demand too much money or just outright ask to be traded to another team. Calgary and Toronto are the two most obvious options.
    Carolina could be an option too. They need a goalie if Ward won't be back and they don't think that Lack will be their guy going forward.

Dobber Sports Master

I'm wondering what the problem was with bruce and the ana goalies

wasnt he just riding the hot hand this year or was there more to it ?

my guess is andersen gets shipped out and his new team doesnt have a problem paying him in the 4-5 m range

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I predict you'll have your answer on July 1st at 12pmest

Dobber Sports Sage

Regarding Andersen. We could see that most rare and magical of occurrences in the NHL: A RFA offer sheet! Has there been one since Shea Weber was almost poached by PHI?

Dobber Sports Expert

Anaheim really needs to trade a goaltender, not because Andersen or Gibson deserves to have a net of their own but because it's smart asset management. Andersen has proven to be a very good goaltender and we know Gibson's reputation. The Ducks might fetch a good top6 winger for Andersen.

If I'm Bob Murray though, I find a way to get rid of Kesler's albatross of a contract and give Rakell the #2C spot permanently.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Regarding Andersen. We could see that most rare and magical of occurrences in the NHL: A RFA offer sheet! Has there been one since Shea Weber was almost poached by PHI?
    I doubt this happens. offer sheets happen when teams haven't agreed to terms with their RFAs by july 1, but hope to eventually. if the ducks don't resign Andersen by then, they'll know he isn't coming back, as they already know they'll have to make a decision between one of their goalies by then, so if he hasn't signed, he'll be traded by then.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Andersen is gone. They can't afford to keep two #1's and the more expensive one will go. Gibson is younger and has more time to develop further, but needs #1 playing time to do so. Clearly something needs to change and that's the most obvious part, other than the coach (which you may or may not agree with).

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Expert

Anaheim is Gibson's team...Andersen was just a caretaker in the mean time. Hopefully Gibby can stay off the stretcher a little more in the future.