Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ISS Top 30 Final Rankings before NHL Draft

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: ISS Top 30 Final Rankings before NHL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I know this is simply the ISS ranking, but my point was that Puljujarvi is a more complete player than Laine. So, I could understand why some teams/scouts have Puljujarvi higher.
    But who's opinion is this? Yours? Another NHL scout?

My point being, different people will have a different perspective and opinion on both players. I am not saying you are wrong in what you are saying, but not everyone will agree with you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    But who's opinion is this? Yours? Another NHL scout?

My point being, different people will have a different perspective and opinion on both players. I am not saying you are wrong in what you are saying, but not everyone will agree with you.
    Mine and scouts. Maybe not all the scouts thought. I never said that everyone would agree with me.

Laine is the clear consensus No. 2 choice over his countryman Puljujarvi.
    Seven of the 10 scouts had the 6-foot-4 Laine at No. 2 and 6-foot-3 1/2 Puljujarvi at No. 3.
    Laine was designated as perhaps the only prospect with a legitimate chance to challenge Matthews for No. 1.
    The race for No. 2 was close, but Laine got the edge over Puljujarvi for what a number of scouts described as his “dynamic” element.
    “Both [Laine and Puljujarvi] are great players,” a scout said. “Both can skate and shoot and score and there isn’t a lot to choose there, but Laine maybe is more of a pure goal scorer, a game-breaker with a little higher offensive ceiling.”
    One scout offered an interesting comparison, using Teemu Selanne and Jari Kurri. The scout wasn’t comparing Laine to Selanne or Puljujarvi to Kurri, but was he was comparing the difference between this year’s generational Finns to the difference between yesteryear’s Finnish superstars.
    Laine is flashier; Puljujarvi is more complete,” the scout said. “They’re both great players; they’re both going to get their goals, though they may go about it a little differently.”
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Expert

I think its unfortunate luck for Puljujarvi that he didn't get added to Finland's roster as its just another chance for him to improve his stock. I'm sure the Jets already know who they're taking and with their crop of prospects, they have plenty of talent to fill into that two-way style of play (Dano, Lemieux, Lipon, Petan...). To add a top end sniper I think is the ideal situation for the Jets.

Dobber Sports Stud

My guess is Puljujarvi and Laine will be selected based on team needs/perceptions as their is no wrong answer here.

WPG might favour a goal scorer over a more complete player or vice versa.

Either way, both WPG and CBJ are going to get a really good player.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A