Thread: Carter for picks/prospects

The Magnificent One

Default Carter for picks/prospects

SO this is an update on my previous thread with OV but here is a new offer without OV (thank you all for the feedback)

18 teams full keeper with 25 man rosters and 30 farm players. Free callups and send downs for farm players. no salary cap

Scoring: g,a,PPP,shp,sog,gwg,hits&blks,fow

I give: Carter (or okposo)

I get: 2 1st rounder picks in 2017 entry draft (most likely in the 8-16 range for both picks), and one of Goldobin or Dal Colle

EDIT: remove one 1st rounders and add in ryan strome

what are your thoughts and which would you choose between goldobin and Dal colle?
    Last edited by newper114; May 15, 2016 at 9:41 AM.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Carter for picks/prospects

My take is very similar to last night with the OV trade post.

You're giving up a 60 point player (they don't grow these players cheap) and basically throwing darts at the 2017 draft to hopefully land 2 players in that draft that may develop in 2-4 years after that draft class. The prospects you would also get in return may develop not really anytime all that soon.

Trading these higher end types of players requires at least an immediate impact young NHL player that you can play now AND something else for the future.

I'd advise against trading a 60 pt "now" player while throwing darts at future draft classes and future prospects without getting anything "now" in return.

Dobber Sports Expert

If you can do Okposo for the 2 firsts and either prospect (preferably Dal Colle) I would jump all over that. 2017 isn't an overly strong draft but I think Okposo is overrated and this is more than an ample return for him.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    My take is very similar to last night with the OV trade post.

You're giving up a 60 point player (they don't grow these players cheap) and basically throwing darts at the 2017 draft to hopefully land 2 players in that draft that may develop in 2-4 years after that draft class. The prospects you would also get in return may develop not really anytime all that soon.

Trading these higher end types of players requires at least an immediate impact young NHL player that you can play now AND something else for the future.

I'd advise against trading a 60 pt "now" player while throwing darts at future draft classes and future prospects without getting anything "now" in return.
    I'm with you but I think newper has his mind made up and is going to have to learn the hard way.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    If you can do Okposo for the 2 firsts and either prospect (preferably Dal Colle) I would jump all over that. 2017 isn't an overly strong draft but I think Okposo is overrated and this is more than an ample return for him.
    I would agree with this. Sounds like the picks are high currency in your league. It is tough to be trading the known points away, but sometimes the pick/prospect return can be enough. I'm wondering where you are in terms of contending and if that's why you're looking to trade a bunch of your top players.

Dal Colle over Goldobin all day as well.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

thanks all for the comments.

as for the thought on where I am in my league. I won 3 seasons ago went to the finals the last two but lost and just finished in 6th this year and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

my league is set up in a way that we allow free add/drops from the farm. since my team is stacked with some high end talent it don't have room or the youth to bring up. so i was out played within the rules of the league. my team doesn't have the depth to compete and losing like that 3 years in a row is leading me to reevaluate.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

If I was to swap one of those first rounders for Ryan strome what would be your thoughts?

Will strome have a comeback

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Are you a rebuilding team?? What does your roster look like??

If rebuilding I would be all over trading Okposo for Ryan Strome, Michael Dal Colle, and a 1st rounder..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Magnificent One

Looks like it's carter not okposo.

And yes I am looking to go into a rebuild/retool as my team under our rules isn't pulling it's weight even with guys like carter, ovechkin, okposo, PAv, buff, steen, Rask.

I don't have good prospects or anything so I cannot make trades anymore