Thread: Zaitsev, Hulstrom compare to 2016 draft class

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Zaitsev, Hulstrom compare to 2016 draft class

There's alot of post around those 2 just signed D-men, but i would like to ear where you guys rank them if we compare to this year draft. In my 2 main league, Zaitsev and Hulstrom wont be available until draft day. And since this year D crop seems prety thin in high end talent (correct me if im wrong, havent finnish my prep for draft day), those 2 could have some nice value. Lets say we focus on offensive stats only. Top 10? 10-20? 20-30? or later.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Zaitsev, Hulstrom compare to 2016 draft class

I haven't looked into Hulstrom, keytolife can give a better answer.

as for chychrun/sergachev/juolevi/zaitsev:

one of the first three will likely be selected by the Oilers at 4 unless they trade the pick, or stupidly select Tkachuk.

Chances are he will get a huge boost in value. Remember when Schultz signed with Edmonton? People went nuts thinking an offensive D is going to rack up the points playing for that team.

I'd take EDM's D over Zaitsev, even if it's just for the trade value.

The other two D depend on where they land. Zaitsev will likley have more immediate value as he'll likely get top 4 minutes on the leafs next season. Long term the 2016 draftees are likely better choices.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    I haven't looked into Hulstrom, keytolife can give a better answer.

as for chychrun/sergachev/juolevi/zaitsev:

one of the first three will likely be selected by the Oilers at 4 unless they trade the pick, or stupidly select Tkachuk.

Chances are he will get a huge boost in value. Remember when Schultz signed with Edmonton? People went nuts thinking an offensive D is going to rack up the points playing for that team.

The other two D depend on where they land. Zaitsev will likley have more immediate value as he'll likely get top 4 minutes on the leafs next season. Long term the 2016 draftees are likely better choices.
    I wouldn't discount Jake Bean going ahead one of the three 2016 draft eligible dmen you listed (if any, most likely Sergachev)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

^This is all that I think really needs to be said, along with J. Bean. Though I don't see Bean really jumping all that far up compared to the others.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)