Thread: Multi player trade offer, need some feedback plz (REP).

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Multi player trade offer, need some feedback plz (REP).

Hey all, I've just been offered this trade in my 1-year league:

his
    -D. Fowler (I know the real Fowler and I doubt doubt this is him at the moment, right?)
    -J. Bruce (nice multi-cat player but nothing special and will hurt me with his K's)
    -M. Wacha (I have trouble gauging him; is he going to improve on last year's numbers or was that him playing above expectations?)

vs my

-P. Fielder (is he really declining this quickly or is he just having a rough start?)
    -C. Dickerson (he's up and down, but I drafted him for his upside)
    -L. Gregerson (I have 3 other top closers so I can afford losing a few saves)

Keep in mind, Fielder and Dickerson are on my bench more often then not as I have Teixeira and Ramirez at 1B and LF respectively at the moment.

Any insight on this is most appreciated!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Multi player trade offer, need some feedback plz (REP).

I think he's just trying to sell high on Fowler. I think you could do better if you were going to be selling off any of those three.
    It's not too far off, but I didn't have to think too hard about it.

If there is a weak spot on your roster, see if he would trade out one of those OF and swap in someone else with a little more talent at your position of need.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Hmmmm that's my thinking too as Fowler is the biggest piece coming back. I don't need Wacha as my pitching is solid and I'm hoping that Fielder gets it going eventually.

Thanks for your input EB! Will rep you as soon as I can!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Hmmmm that's my thinking too as Fowler is the biggest piece coming back. I don't need Wacha as my pitching is solid and I'm hoping that Fielder gets it going eventually.

Thanks for your input EB! Will rep you as soon as I can!
    No problem. Sometimes ever just writing out the post helps you sort out your thoughts. Glad you're not rushing into anything here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)