Thread: Which defenceman should I trade? REP

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Which defenceman should I trade? REP

I've got a ton of young defencemen. between managing my salary cap and trying to trade for high picks (to get Matthews, laine or puljujarvi, or more than one of them), i'm gonna probably have to part with some of the dmen. i'm having a hard time deciding which ones to trade.

it's a dynasty league, which is based on a points system that includes points, +-, hits, blocks, pims. I have included each player's fantasy points per game from last season so you can get an idea of how valuable everyone is. players who hit even remotely close to 3 ppg are very hard to come by.

victor hedman - 2.95
    john Carlson - 3.29
    seth jones - 1.87
    rasmus ristolainen - 2.38
    colton parayko - 2.49
    ryan murray - 2.03
    hampus lindholm - 2.15

I've also got a bunch of good defence prospects (Montour, Lindell, walman, reilly, hicketts, koekkoek) and have my eye on plenty of dmen who are unsigned in our league once free agency opens up.

even though he'll cost a lot on his next contract, i'm only trading hedman for a top pick. he's too valuable in my league.
    Carlson, I think j'm not trading no matter what. still got a few more years at 4mil. so my question is really about the others. I know the easy answer is to trade ryan murray, and then hampus lindholm, but i'll probably get less for them than for the other guys.
    should I sell high on jones (I feel like his value is still through the roof, even though he was the worst of the bunch last year), or does he go on to become one of the top dmen in the league, especially in fantasy?
    could parayko get better, or do I sell high on him? he's got another year left on his entry level deal, so he'll be cheaper than the rest of the guys. something to consider.
    I don't know how I trade risto - I feel like he could be the next hedman. am I correct?
    or do I trade murray and lindholm and keep the others no matter what?

what would you do?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Which defenceman should I trade? REP

Hedman would be my choice in terms of return value. But if you don't want to trade him then you can just move out bodies of Murray/Lindholm/Jones.
    Another option is to just sell off some of the prospects to rebuilding teams for some kind of veteran return.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

From the sound of it you are set on Carlson and Hedman, I would not move Risto or Parayko next year. So the list is really the other three guys for you. Jones might get you something decent and I'm not to sure on him in CBJ with Torts. You know how it goes: Torts is gonna Torts. I would have Torts as number two on my list of coaches who can screw up someones fantasy value. #1 Roy, #2 Torts, but anyways....

I am not a big Hedman fan. That being said he would return the most of any D you have on this list and you have two or three solid D in Risto, Carlson, Parayko.

If you have to decide between Risto and Parayko I would trade Parayko. You could sell high on his strong and possibly deep playoff performance. Risto is the #1 D on a young team. He is getting PP1 time and Parayko does not have that currently in STL.

Is there any weakness on your team you need to address?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Deity

I would probably see if there are any takers on Murray and Lindholm.

Murray was finally able to stay healthy and got a fair amount of PP time this year that helped his numbers and his value. I do think Werenski coming in will slowly take away from Murray in that regard and his value, as far as fantasy is concerned, will most likely decline some.

I still believe that Lindholm is a much better real-life Dman than he is a fantasy asset. He should be easy to move because people are horny about him in Anaheim and his youthfulness.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."