Thread: Kings of Hockey 2, Entering 9th Season, Has Two Vacancies

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Kings of Hockey 2, Entering 11th Season, Has One Vacancy

Greetings sports fans. I am recruiting ONE vacancy for a rather laid back 14 team, salary cap, keeper league going into its 11th season. It is NOT a dynasty league (UFAs in NHL become UFAs in KoH). We play the game on Fantrax and we also have a league forum on Proboards. I maintain contract data and cap hits for ALL teams so all that you really need to do is participate in discussions on Proboards when moved to do so, show up for, or otherwise communicate with me during our annual Entry and UFA drafts in the summer, and set your lineups during the season. It?s almost idiot proof. Almost. I?m sort of a stickler for rules but tend to be kind to newbies. For a while. While I welcome input from all GMs, I run what I would describe as a benevolent dictatorship. But I do listen to reason.

The vacancy is for a team that finished 9th in 2017-18vso a rebuild will present a challenge to the right GM. The franchise available is Las Vegas, and holds the #6 overall pick in both our Entry and UFA Drafts (which begin in mid July). Teams can be moved (renamed) to another NHL team location, provided it?s not already taken. Generous salary cap (150% of NHL), 27/28 active/reserve rosters, with relatively limited ability to add and retain prospects. Prospects may only be added in annual drafts or through trades, and retention in minors is subject to game limits (60 games/skaters, 30 games/goalies). No stashing of veterans in the minors.

Link to league rules on Proboards home page:

http://kingsofhockeyyr6.proboards.co...e-constitution

Half of our league has been with us since the beginning, and we?ve had some really good luck with our last few replacement managers. Looking for an active, reasonable GM to compliment our league. If interested, please email me at [email protected] or PM me here. Please put KOH in the message subject. Holler here if you have any problems with the above links or prefer to communicate here.

Bo
    Last edited by Bojest77; June 22, 2018 at 5:38 PM.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Kings of Hockey 2, Entering 11th Season, Has One Vacancy

Las Vegas Golden Knights:
    Pos Player Team Eligible Status Opponent Salary Prospect/UFA/RFA/Extension
    C Bozak, Tyler TOR C,Skt Act 4,000,000 UFA
    C Little, Bryan WPG C,Skt Act 6,500,000 EXT?
    C Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan EDM C,Skt Act 6,000,000
    C Tavares, John NYI C,Skt Act 6,000,000 UFA
    LW Connor, Kyle WPG LW,Skt Act 925,000
    LW Hall, Taylor NJ LW,Skt Act 6,000,000
    LW Keller, Clayton ARI LW,RW,Skt Act 925,000
    LW Teravainen, Teuvo CAR LW,RW,Skt Act 2,860,000
    RW Komarov, Leo TOR LW,RW,Skt Act 2,950,000 UFA
    RW Leivo, Josh TOR LW,RW,Skt Act 925,000 EXT?
    RW Reinhart, Sam BUF C,RW,Skt Act 832,500 RFA
    RW Zuccarello, Mats NYR RW,Skt Act 4,500,000
    D Beaulieu, Nathan BUF D,Skt Act 2,500,000
    D Burns, Brent SJ D,Skt Act 10,000,000
    D Byfuglien, Dustin WPG D,Skt Act 8,000,000
    D Ceci, Cody OTT D,Skt Act 3,350,000 RFA
    D Irwin, Matt NSH D,Skt Act 650,000 EXT?
    D Petrovic, Alexander FLA D,Skt Act 1,850,000 RFA
    Skt Martin, Matt TOR LW,Skt Act 2,250,000
    C Boyle, Brian NJ C,Skt Res 2,500,000
    C Ryan, Derek CAR C,Skt Res 1,425,000 UFA
    C Staal, Jordan CAR C,Skt Res 6,000,000
    D Chabot, Thomas OTT D,Skt Res 832,500
    D de Haan, Calvin NYI D,Skt Res 3,300,000 UFA
    Skt Ekman-Larsson, Oliver ARI D,Skt Res 7,000,000
    Skt Seguin, Tyler DAL C,Skt Res 6,500,000
    Skt Sutter, Brandon VAN C,Skt Res 4,375,000
    C Borgstrom, Henrik FLA C,Skt Min 925,000 X
    C Harkins, Jansen WPG C,Skt Min 742,500 X
    C MacInnis, Ryan ARI C,Skt Min 832,500 X
    C Nattinen, Julius ANA C,Skt Min 675,000 X
    C Rasmussen, Michael DET C,Skt Min 925,000 X
    C Strome, Dylan ARI C,Skt Min 832,500 X
    C Terry, Troy ANA RW,Skt Min 925,000 X
    LW Thomas, Christian PIT LW,Skt Min 575,000 X - UFA
    RW Descheneau, Jaedon (N/A) RW,Skt Min 500,000 X
    RW Tolvanen, Eeli NSH RW,Skt Min 500,000 X
    RW Toropchenko, Alexey STL RW,Skt Min 500,000 X
    D Collins, Ryan CBJ D,Skt Min 925,000 X
    D Fox, Adam CGY D,Skt Min 500,000 X
    D Hague, Nicolas VGK D,Skt Min 792,500 X
    D Walman, Jake STL D,Skt Min 925,000 X
    D Zboril, Jakub BOS D,Skt Min 832,500 X
    Skt Gadjovich, Jonah VAN LW,Skt Min 792,500 X
    Skt Heponiemi, Aleksi FLA C,Skt Min 500,000 X
    Skt Lipanov, Alexei TB C,Skt Min 792,500 X
    Totals
    Goalies
    Pos Player Team Eligible Status Opponent Salary Pros
    G Allen, Jake STL G Act 4,350,000
    G Jones, Martin SJ G Act 6,750,000 EXT?
    G Korpisalo, Joonas CBJ G Res 1,100,000
    G Altshuller, Daniel (N/A) G Min 725,000 X - UFA
    G Berdin, Mikhail WPG G Min 725,000 X
    G Binnington, Jordan STL G Min 650,000 X - RFA
    G Comrie, Eric WPG G Min 692,500 X - RFA
    G Demko, Thatcher VAN G Min 925,000 X
    G Jarry, Tristan PIT G Min 650,000 X - RFA
    G Kasdorf, Jason BUF G Min 650,000 X - RFA
    G Nedeljkovic, Alex CAR G Min 800,000 X
    G Parsons, Tyler CGY G Min 742,500 X
    Totals
    Last edited by Bojest77; June 22, 2018 at 5:39 PM.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Kings of Hockey 2, Entering 9th Season, Has Two Vacancies

Still have one opening. I was struck by the discussion on what constitutes a dynasty league, the pros and cons and all that. I think our league is unique in that you don't get to keep a guy who becomes a UFA in the NHL. Which provides for some nice finds in our annual UFA draft. Rights to RFAs are retained by KoH GMs regardless of NHL contract status. With our salary cap being 150% of NHLs, we have ample wriggle room to roster the Kanes and Kopitars of the world, yet you'll find it still presents a challenge to field a minimum of 27 active/reserve players (allow up to 28). Also, we allow off season drops without cap hit penalties (with two exceptions) so you can eventually jettison that crappy contract you wish you never accepted without paying for it forever. So, to me, this eliminates the need to limit the number of keepers allowed. GMs DO incur a cap hit on an offseason waiver IF said player was acquired via trade in that same offseason OR, if a new contract for the coming season had already been accepted. Otherwise, we provide ample flexibility to acquire and roster players. And, with no hoarding of veterans in the minors, there are always serviceable UFAs available for any needed in season roster adjustments. Of course, IN season drops incur a cap hit of 50% of the salary for the life of the contract, or until claimed by another GM. I hope my describing of the league as "laid back" is not a turnoff. It's laid back in that not every GM has a "win at all cost" mentality. We allow for varying levels of commitment as long as GMs remain engaged through league site participation and setting of rosters. I understand that not everyone is as committed and competitive as I am and so I don't think undue pressure should be placed on GMs who are deemed as less active. Ours would be a perfect for a keeper league beginner, or that GM who's looking to add one more league but does not have the time or the inclination to jump through a bunch of hoops to remain a member in good standing. GMs can be sure their active roster on Fantrax reflects the actual contract of that player, because I maintain active rosters and contract cost and length data manually. Just show up, participate and play the game.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I will take team if still available .
    [email protected] of PM me here

Dobber Sports Rookie

Waking up old recruiting thread, updated to reflect current info. One vacancy in cozy, 14 team league. No cost to GMs (I pay the Fantrax fee). PM me or respond here if interested.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Interested and pm'ed you.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Also interested, but can't pm. Let me know if the guy above didn't fill the league...or if you want to do an expansion draft.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'm thankfully (for me) all filled up currently but appreciate the inquiries. I think we have an interesting league. It's certainly not typical. It's hard enough keeping a 14 team league filled so I don't see an expansion draft in our future. Just an opening or two every summer. I'm in a 24 and a 30 team league and they are both going belly up. Nobody wants to join a league with 6 or more vacancies. 1 or 2 maybe.

Sorry.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bojest77 View Post
    I'm thankfully (for me) all filled up currently but appreciate the inquiries. I think we have an interesting league. It's certainly not typical. It's hard enough keeping a 14 team league filled so I don't see an expansion draft in our future. Just an opening or two every summer. I'm in a 24 and a 30 team league and they are both going belly up. Nobody wants to join a league with 6 or more vacancies. 1 or 2 maybe.

Sorry.
    12-14 is the sweet spot for league size , good luck with the season