Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Mock draft Central

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Mock draft Central

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I dunno about this statement. Merrill, Larsson, Gelinas -- they've got some young puck-moving D.
    Of course, teams always need blue liners. But I think it'll be best player available here -- they don't need to seek out D.
    true, but none of those guys are elite, and i wouldn't even say either one is even very good. they're quality nhl defencemen, but not top pairing guys. not guys you can build a team around.
    and like axeman pointed out, gelinas was traded. i'm talking about Merrill and Larsson.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    thanks for the comments. here are a few thoughts.
    mascherin at 41 - since i have the devils going with bean in the first round, i think they're going to go for a scoring forward in the 2nd. most mocks have the devils taking clayton keller in the first round, and mascherin is a smaller version of him.
    Same height (maybe a 1" difference) and Mascherin is about 25-30 lbs heavier...just so you know size wise

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    15. MIN - Clayton Keller
    minny drafts a Zach parise clone around the same pick that they took parise over a decade ago. and just like with parise, keller could wind up as one of the top players from his draft year. his size causes him to fall just a little bit here.
    With Keller's talent I really don't think he falls past NJ. He could easily go top 10.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Cliff Pu @ 59...will likely go much higher and I'd say is highly likely to be in the 31-36 range. Lots of scouts feel he could go first round. Won't be a scoring darling but plays a game coveted by many teams.

Steel @ 38
    ...could slip because of his size but I love his skill...can't argue production however

Mascherin @ 41.
    ..this kid's shot is NHL-caliber. He's not a big guy but he's a bulldog on the ice and has better speed than he gets credit for from opposing D. But I do see him slipping a bit, probably to the later portion of round 2. I see a Gallagher/Marchand type player with a better shot here. Back to our NJ debate earlier and looking at the D in round 2 is why I feel NJ is better to go with one of the forwards in round 1 and then take a D in round 2...and that D, read the next comment...
    Niemaleinen @ 49...Another guy who potentially could go round 1. I think he goes higher than this (but round 2 mock projections are a bit of a crapshoot).

Just a few that immediately jumped out at me.
    I think Pu is starting to get a ton of hype. This long playoff run has really given him the opportunity to shine for London. You're totally right that teams will love the way he plays. Plus with Dvorak moving on, he very well could see a jump in playing time next year, becoming their first line center (if Marner isn't sent back down and transitioned to center).

Steel is awesome.

Mascherin is also super solid. He might be on the small side, but the guy is like 200 pounds. Good luck knocking him over. He's going to be a surprisingly effective player long term IMO

Personally I like Niemaleinen better than Stanley. He's more agile, and I think has a better puck transitioning ability
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

1 - TOR - Matthews...I bet they kick the tires with Laine but there lack of any top notch C makes them lean Matthews.

2 - WPG - Laine...just what the Jets needed the best goal scorer in the draft (sorry Bellows), he will slot nicely with Scheifele and Wheeler?

3 - CBJ - Puljujarvi...would be a shock if they went somewhere else or dealt the pick...very very very nice consolaton prize.

4 - EDM - Chychrun...I think they can achieve getting the best all around D men by sliding down a few spots which I assume they might try to do, if they can't I still see them taking Chychrun over the others

5 - VAN -Juolevi...they need everything realistically, hard to pass up Tkachuk and Dubois here but they can't pass on the very smooth mistake free D man.

6 - CAL - Tkachuk....I think they literally sprint up to the podium here Johnny Hockey (skill ), Monahan (all around), Tkachuk (grit, smarts) good luck to the rest of the Wests top D tandems moving forward!

7 - ARI - Dubois...I think they trade down and snatch a d man in the early to mid teens but for this exercise Dubois is hands down the easy choice

8 - BUF - Sergachyov...Sabres need a little bit of everything moving forward, he might be inconsistent at times but he could have the most upside and raw skill out of any D man in this draft.

9 - MTL - Brown...perfect set of size and skill the Habs have desperately been looking for...they probably wipe the droll off their faces as they are walking up and then plant a nice big handshake right in Bettmans palm.

10 - COL - Nylander...the Avs are the same as many teams mixed bag of prospects and go with BPA, not to shabby at 10 they will have some big smiles.

11 - NJ - Jost...they kick the tires with Keller as well but I think Jost fit the NJ mold better, solid 2 way guy with skill not afraid to mix it up. Toews 2.0 possibly?

12 - OTT - Bellows...with all the skill they have up front adding a guy like Bellows to their lineup in 2 or 3 years is going to help them score at will

13 - CAR - Keller...the canes seem quite stacked all over the place with the young talent they have coming from everywhere. They are happy to take the smallish Keller to add to their stock pile...could pay big divdends if he figures things out size wise Gaudreau 2.0??

14 - BOS - McAvoy....So glad I am not in Sweeneys head because he probably kicks the tires thinking it would be a good idea to pick Kopacka or Raddysh here, McAvoy will add to a solid young D core moving forward maybe help fill the void Dougie Hamilton has left.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    Mascherin is also super solid. He might be on the small side, but the guy is like 200 pounds. Good luck knocking him over. He's going to be a surprisingly effective player long term IMO
    Huge fan of Mascherin and highly agree he will be an effective player long term. I think the comparison to Marchand/Gallagher is fair, but I'm not comparing him in the pest sense. The way they are effective, play bigger than their body, strong on their feet, elusive speed with the ability to play top-6 as an "undersized" player. But with his shot, he's a guy you can set up on the dot in PP situations a la Stamkos (though he loves the wrister more). Outside of Laine, I don't think there's a guy in the draft class that has as good of a shot as he does. And yes you cannot knock him over.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Matthews or laine in a league where goals and assists are worth more?
    16 Team Cap Dynasty League

G, A, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HITS, +/-, Gvs, Tkws, W,L, OTL, SOL SV, SO, GA(-)
    (Goals x8)(assists x7)

C: Kopitar, Backstrom, J.Staal,Wennberg,Texier
    LW: Beauvillier, Hoglander, Neiderreiter, Verhaeghe
    RW: Buchneivich, Kunin, Wahlstrom, Blackwell, Bemstrom
    D: Dumba, Dunn, P.Myers, Oleksiak 2 vacant
    G: Binnington, Allen

3 reserve spots to fill still

System:
    F: Rossi, Lundell, Holtz, Jarvis, Bourque, Dellandrea, Foerester, Lauko, Pelletier, Tomansino, Kailyev,Berggen,Evangelista,Fagemo,Jenik,Mercer, Johnson, Sillenger, Chibrikov, Tuomaala, Robertsson
    D: Rathbone, Heinola, Keane, Morrow, Cuelamans
    G: Hofer, Melnichuk

Dobber Sports Stud

Laine!
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
    1 - TOR - Matthews...I bet they kick the tires with Laine but there lack of any top notch C makes them lean Matthews.

2 - WPG - Laine...just what the Jets needed the best goal scorer in the draft (sorry Bellows), he will slot nicely with Scheifele and Wheeler?

3 - CBJ - Puljujarvi...would be a shock if they went somewhere else or dealt the pick...very very very nice consolaton prize.

4 - EDM - Chychrun...I think they can achieve getting the best all around D men by sliding down a few spots which I assume they might try to do, if they can't I still see them taking Chychrun over the others

5 - VAN -Juolevi...they need everything realistically, hard to pass up Tkachuk and Dubois here but they can't pass on the very smooth mistake free D man.

6 - CAL - Tkachuk....I think they literally sprint up to the podium here Johnny Hockey (skill ), Monahan (all around), Tkachuk (grit, smarts) good luck to the rest of the Wests top D tandems moving forward!

7 - ARI - Dubois...I think they trade down and snatch a d man in the early to mid teens but for this exercise Dubois is hands down the easy choice

8 - BUF - Sergachyov...Sabres need a little bit of everything moving forward, he might be inconsistent at times but he could have the most upside and raw skill out of any D man in this draft.

9 - MTL - Brown...perfect set of size and skill the Habs have desperately been looking for...they probably wipe the droll off their faces as they are walking up and then plant a nice big handshake right in Bettmans palm.

10 - COL - Nylander...the Avs are the same as many teams mixed bag of prospects and go with BPA, not to shabby at 10 they will have some big smiles.

11 - NJ - Jost...they kick the tires with Keller as well but I think Jost fit the NJ mold better, solid 2 way guy with skill not afraid to mix it up. Toews 2.0 possibly?

12 - OTT - Bellows...with all the skill they have up front adding a guy like Bellows to their lineup in 2 or 3 years is going to help them score at will

13 - CAR - Keller...the canes seem quite stacked all over the place with the young talent they have coming from everywhere. They are happy to take the smallish Keller to add to their stock pile...could pay big divdends if he figures things out size wise Gaudreau 2.0??

14 - BOS - McAvoy....So glad I am not in Sweeneys head because he probably kicks the tires thinking it would be a good idea to pick Kopacka or Raddysh here, McAvoy will add to a solid young D core moving forward maybe help fill the void Dougie Hamilton has left.

Pretty sure Nucks will take a forward - and dman with their second round pick which is high.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin