Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Beauvillier

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Anthony Beauvillier

I just don't understand why Dobber is snubbing Anthony Beauvillier in his Top 200 Fantasy Prospect Forwards ratings.

He was a 1st Round Draft Pick last year. He is currently leading the QMJHL in playoff scoring (16 12-14-26). He had an outstanding regular season in the Q for Shawinigan (47 40-39-79). He played for Team Canada in the U20's Tournament. What more does he have to do to crack the top 200?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Anthony Beauvillier

He appears to be a few years away so I'm guessing that he will climb the list as he gets bigger and closer to playing in the NHL.

and btw - the glass is never half empty... the rest of the glass is filled with air, not unlike a few people we may know, heh heh.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    He appears to be a few years away so I'm guessing that he will climb the list as he gets bigger and closer to playing in the NHL.

and btw - the glass is never half empty... the rest of the glass is filled with air, not unlike a few people we may know, heh heh.
    I agree with this. Dobber's list takes into account how close a prospect is to having his shot. Also, he was selected late into round 1 and there are some other young forwards that Beauvillier needs to pass on the depth chart (Dal Colle, Prince, Barzal if they switch him to the wing), so he doesn't have Golden Boy status and there isn't a red carpet laid out in front of him either.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    I agree with this. Dobber's list takes into account how close a prospect is to having his shot. Also, he was selected late into round 1 and there are some other young forwards that Beauvillier needs to pass on the depth chart (Dal Colle, Prince, Barzal if they switch him to the wing), so he doesn't have Golden Boy status and there isn't a red carpet laid out in front of him either.
    I understand but in the top 200 are other good young prospects like 144 Conor Garland (ARI - 5th round) and 174 Jeremy Bracco (TOR- 2nd round in the same draft as Beauvillier) who also have to pass multiple players on the their team's depth charts to get a shot. Some of the players on the list probably will not even get close to playing in the NHL. I'm not saying that Beauvillier deserves a high rating but, in my opinion, he should be in the top 200.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by glassishalfempty View Post
    I understand but in the top 200 are other good young prospects like 144 Conor Garland (ARI - 5th round) and 174 Jeremy Bracco (TOR- 2nd round in the same draft as Beauvillier) who also have to pass multiple players on the their team's depth charts to get a shot. Some of the players on the list probably will not even get close to playing in the NHL. I'm not saying that Beauvillier deserves a high rating but, in my opinion, he should be in the top 200.
    I thing you make a valid point. His numbers alone should put him on the list.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by glassishalfempty View Post
    I just don't understand why Dobber is snubbing Anthony Beauvillier in his Top 200 Fantasy Prospect Forwards ratings.

He was a 1st Round Draft Pick last year. He is currently leading the QMJHL in playoff scoring (16 12-14-26). He had an outstanding regular season in the Q for Shawinigan (47 40-39-79). He played for Team Canada in the U20's Tournament. What more does he have to do to crack the top 200?
    I wouldn't worry about it, it's just one person's ranking. How many of those 200 prospects do you think Dobber ever watch? 15% ? For what, one game ? I would take this ranking with a grain of salt, but the prospect fantasy guide is a gold mine informations on prospect though.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Guru

Consider it a blessing. I love the guys that Dobber seems to be underestimating -- easier to snag in drafts where other folks follow Dobber.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Consider it a blessing. I love the guys that Dobber seems to be underestimating -- easier to snag in drafts where other folks follow Dobber.
    AMEN

As others said though, I'm sure he leapfrogs a bunch of guys on that list the second he makes the AHL.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Wizard

Apparently, he has a chance to make the team this year, according to Capuano. His words: Beauvillier is "in the mix" for a job.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Expert

He has been outstanding so far. Glad to have him in all my main leagues. Kid is a stud.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Apparently, he has a chance to make the team this year, according to Capuano. His words: Beauvillier is "in the mix" for a job.
    I think he has the edge over Barzal because he's probably a bit more versatile at this point .Still , a regular like Bailey (for example) would have to sit to make room .

If the isles come out of the gate stale / unable to create offense I bet Ho-sang gets called up to freshen it up too

newsday today
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...medium=twitter

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I think he has the edge over Barzal because he's probably a bit more versatile at this point .Still , a regular like Bailey (for example) would have to sit to make room .

If the isles come out of the gate stale / unable to create offense I bet Ho-sang gets called up to freshen it up too

newsday today
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...medium=twitter
    Wonder if he could even get top-6 duties over Bailey (having Strome move to the wing). Not the best resource but DailyFaceoff has Barzal listed as the 3rd line center at the moment. I know that can change quickly but if Beauvillier can get into the top-9 this year, he could show everyone that he's not just a kid with leadership and heart; he can actually play!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

He's been really good this pre season, arguably better than Barzal and Ho-Sang, each of which has looked strong. The Isles have a pleasantly difficult decision on which youngster to keep.

My money is on Beauviller as he can play centre and wing and brings a little more 'Capuano' to the game . IE gritty gritty along with skill. They can also give him a taste to start the year and then dish him back to the Q and bring Ho-Sang up from the AHL.

But what the hell do I know? Pure speculation.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Wonder if he could even get top-6 duties over Bailey (having Strome move to the wing). Not the best resource but DailyFaceoff has Barzal listed as the 3rd line center at the moment. I know that can change quickly but if Beauvillier can get into the top-9 this year, he could show everyone that he's not just a kid with leadership and heart; he can actually play!
    No doubt about that. He had one of the highest if not the highest PPG average in the CHL last year.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    ain't that the truth... as soon as a player gets mentioned by a rambler their value explodes!
    Experience is the teacher of all things.