Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Draft Lottery Day is Here!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Draft Lottery Day is Here!

I almost rather Laine IF Toronto signed Stamkos….But then I realize I’m an idiot.

Edmonton getting 4th is such a blessing in disguise. They can finally get a D-man, and there’s thoughts they’ll trade DOWN. Arizona moves up to take Tkachuck?

Also, Winnipeg has the 22nd overall pick too (Chicago/Ladd trade). This is a big draft for them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    The question is what happens to Kyle Connor?
    Don't think that Laine to the Jets impacts Connor much at all here. Long term, Connor-Scheifele are the 1-2 punch up the middle. Laine may get more cracks at the top 6 in his first season than Connor as I see Connor starting out at the the #3C with Little and Scheifele in place right now. In the future though, the top 4 in WPG is still Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers-Laine...that's a pretty nice foundation.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I almost rather Laine IF Toronto signed Stamkos….But then I realize I’m an idiot.

Edmonton getting 4th is such a blessing in disguise. They can finally get a D-man, and there’s thoughts they’ll trade DOWN. Arizona moves up to take Tkachuck?

Also, Winnipeg has the 22nd overall pick too (Chicago/Ladd trade). This is a big draft for them.
    Yup another big draft for WPG...hopefully this will be their last and they start to turn the tide on the franchise in performance.

Arizona trading up a couple spots to 4 doesn't make much sense. There are high quality players all over the top 10. So to move up 2 spots to take Tkachuk over Nylander will cost additional assets that aren't worthwhile for the organization to give up.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Yup another big draft for WPG...hopefully this will be their last and they start to turn the tide on the franchise in performance.

Arizona trading up a couple spots to 4 doesn't make much sense. There are high quality players all over the top 10. So to move up 2 spots to take Tkachuk over Nylander will cost additional assets that aren't worthwhile for the organization to give up.
    Depending on the price obviously it would have to make sense, but missing out on the Arizona kid, could make ownership push a bit for the GM to move and get Keith Tkachuck’s son. Marketing wise, it’s the 2nd best option Arizona has.

GM wouldn’t want to do it, but I can see ownership pushing a bit for it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Here’s a link to a video of how the Leafs got 1st overall. Kinda cool to see how it’s actually done.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1018851

Dobber Sports Titan

Here’s a link to a video of how the Leafs got 1st overall. Kinda cool to see how it’s actually done.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1018851
    Some nice symbolism in the #13 being a bit of the passing of the torch from the last great leafs centre to the possible next one.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Depending on the price obviously it would have to make sense, but missing out on the Arizona kid, could make ownership push a bit for the GM to move and get Keith Tkachuck’s son. Marketing wise, it’s the 2nd best option Arizona has.

GM wouldn’t want to do it, but I can see ownership pushing a bit for it.
    Hot rumour. Arizona sends D Strome, pick #7 & pick #22 to Leafs for #1 pick.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Hot rumour. Arizona sends D Strome, pick #7 & pick #22 to Leafs for #1 pick.
    Any source on that?

One thought I heard from a friend was the 1st to Arz for Dvorak/and the 7th, which gets flipped to EDM with something for the 4th. EDM gets the D at 7, and Toronto gets the Knights current top line that is tearing up the OHL. It's all just crazy fans and speculation right now. Odds are they are just politely declining everything right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Stud

The only way the leafs ever consider moving that pick is if Stamkos is signed, sealed and delivered - which may or may not happen.

I also heard from a friend leafs might consider going with Mathews, Nylander & Bozak as their top C and move Kadri who has a cap friendly 6 yr contract extension beginning next yr. They would get more for Kadri than they would for Bozak.

Gotta love all those ruours!
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    The only way the leafs ever consider moving that pick is if Stamkos is signed, sealed and delivered - which may or may not happen.

I also heard from a friend leafs might consider going with Mathews, Nylander & Bozak as their top C and move Kadri who has a cap friendly 6 yr contract extension beginning next yr. They would get more for Kadri than they would for Bozak.

Gotta love all those ruours!
    Bozak to a playoff team looking to up their 3C at deadline day is likely what will happen. 2 yrs left on a contract paying him 4.2mill/yr, but has a NTC (12 teams he can be traded to). Could hold some salary for 2 yrs to get a trade done.

HOLY crap, ok I know it’s not the right thread, but looking at Leafs Fanager account, they got SOOO lucky with Horton’s contract if there is an expansion! The NMC on his contract ENDS after the 2016-17 season, allowing them to not HAVE to protect him if there was an expansion. Woah.

Dobber Sports Titan

HOLY crap, ok I know it’s not the right thread, but looking at Leafs Fanager account, they got SOOO lucky with Horton’s contract if there is an expansion! The NMC on his contract ENDS after the 2016-17 season, allowing them to not HAVE to protect him if there was an expansion. Woah.
    Has that been specified as part of the expansion draft that teams have to keep skaters under NMC as part of their 8?