Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Justin......Upton

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Justin......Upton

R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, Avg

Im going to kill him. I took him in a decent spot Round 3,13 (14 team league). After JD, Marte, Cargo and before Jones, Sano and Braun.

He's killing me though. Who should I target to move him for?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Justin......Upton

I feel your pain. I drafted him fairly early in my one-year league with co-workers as well and he's currently planted on my bench. I think you are better off holding him until he figures this out and turns it around before I would consider moving him. I doubt many would give you too much for him considering the start he's had.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I had the choice to keep Braun, CarGo, and Carlos Martinez, but chose Upton because he was hitting in front of Miggy. Argh was that a dumb keeper choice.

Ended up doing a “Bust” for “Bust” trade with a buddy. Traded my Upton for his Adam Jones.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Wolverine

Worst time to make a panic deal on a slow starter.

I wanted him in my draft but my draft position changed that strategy so don't have him on either of my teams. I have to say, if his owner approached me for a deal now, I'd be jumping at the chance at buying him low.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Worst time to make a panic deal on a slow starter.

I wanted him in my draft but my draft position changed that strategy so don't have him on either of my teams. I have to say, if his owner approached me for a deal now, I'd be jumping at the chance at buying him low.
    Completely agree with this. Hold on for now unless you get someone that was valued around the same as him entering the season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Completely agree with this. Hold on for now unless you get someone that was valued around the same as him entering the season.
    Only reason why I dealt for Jones. They’re roughly the same, and for did the deal only because Jones ranking was low due to injuries causing him to miss games.

Selling this low is stupid, almost better to drop him making another GM waste a high Waiver position on him.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Does anyone still own him?? I've held on for some reason (14 team league) and I think it's nearing the end. He had a little run in June or July but other than that he's been brutal.

Thinking about grabbing someone like Rosario, Altherr or Forsythe

Dobber Sports Titan

I traded him for Adam Jones a month or two ago, then flipped Jones. Don’t like giving up jones…

I think it’s past due to drop Upton. If you use that roster spot as a filler option, you’ll get more production than Upton. You can also tailor it t what you need for that week (SB, Pitching, hits, runs, RBIs).

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I traded him for Adam Jones a month or two ago, then flipped Jones. Don’t like giving up jones…

I think it’s past due to drop Upton. If you use that roster spot as a filler option, you’ll get more production than Upton. You can also tailor it t what you need for that week (SB, Pitching, hits, runs, RBIs).
    Agreed. Sometimes having that rotation guy can be very useful. Stock up on some extra SB and for pitchers, Ks. I would also take a look at double headers when possible (tomorrow CHC/MIL) to maximize the counting stats.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally dropped him in a 14 team league. When it gets to the point that you're only holding onto someone because you've held onto them for so long that you might as well keep doing it.....you know it's bad.

Even at his peak this season there has always been a waiver wire guy who have been better.

Dobber Sports Immortal

He's been out of the lineup for 3 straight now and it sounds like they may be going for a McCutchen approach! Although Upton has been way worse

Justin Upton will be held out of the Tigers' lineup on Friday as well.

Advice: Upton is getting three straight days off (Wednesday and Thursday included) to "hit the reset button," in the words of Tigers manager Brad Ausmus. It seemed to work for Andrew McCutchen. Upton has recorded just one hit in his last 31 plate appearances and he's batting .226/.281/.371 for the year.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm enjoying the Cutch revival. It'll be interesting to see how it works for Upton.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm enjoying the Cutch revival. It'll be interesting to see how it works for Upton.
    This is mindboggling hahaha. An almost HR yesterday and then 2 today with 6 RBI.

I have been pretty lucky this year but if Upton turns it around now .....wow

Dobber Sports Titan

That's all it takes is for you to drop him and then he can produce

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't think there is enough time for him to make a difference. Look at the stats you need and look at waiver wire. Steals Broxton or Turner?

- - - Updated - - -

Or go with the hot bat on the waiver wire
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall