Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: East vs West. The better conference debate. Again does not look all that close.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default East vs West. The better conference debate. Again does not look all that close.

Looking at the road some teams have to take to the finals in there respective conference *cough Tampa cough*, it has again become abundantly clear that the West reigns supreme once again. This seemed that it could of been the year the East finally were going to be stronger then the West in the playoffs but Montreal folded like a cheap suit after Price went down, Rangers showed their age rather quickly and Tampa lost a couple prominent players. Just for fun what West Teams would you take over the East heading into this years playoffs?

Minnesota: Weakest team in the west IMO. I would take them over Detroit for sure. They would then be a coin flip to beat the Rangers. The rest of the East I think would handle them.
    Nashville: They got past Anaheim but I had them as the second weakest West team. I guess I can't say that any more. With there D and Goalie I would take them over Detroit, Rangers, Islanders, Tampa, Flyers and Florida.
    Dallas: Dallas certainly has the forward chops. Benn and Seguin(when he returns) two of the NHL's best, Sharp a proven winner and Spezza a dynamic forward who has made it to the cup finals. The rest of their team meh. I have Them over Rangers, Islanders, Tampa, Flyers and Florida.
    Anaheim: A lot of people picked them to make the finals and/or win the cup. I have them over Detroit, Rangers, Islanders, Tampa, Flyers and Florida. They would then certainly make it a match vs Pitt or the Capitals after that.
    LA: Again a lot of people picked them to make the finals or win the cup. Proven winners I have them over Detroit, Rangers, Islanders, Tampa, Flyers, Florida and Pittsburgh. Now I think Pitt and the Caps could go either way but now I am just speculating what team would be a better match up against the other.
    St Louis: . Despite getting past Chicago I have them slightly below the Hawks for beating east teams. I think the inexperience hurts them a little in the finals. I think they beat all the East teams, a toss up vs Pitt but then the Capitals with Williams and Richards experience take them down.
    Chicago: Chicago was so close to beating St.Louis and really could beat any team in the entire playoffs in any given series. The only concern was if this year the way they road their top D guns, is if they would not wear out by the end of the playoffs. I put them on par with LA but would say they could also have a chance to beat both Pitt and the Capitals.
    San Jose . San Jose would beat all of the teams exactly like the Blues IMO. I like them coming out of the West now though so I would say they beat every team except the Capitals and then it would be a coin flip.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: East vs West. The better conference debate. Again does not look all that close.

Was anyone actually debating this? West has been the better conference for some time now.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: East vs West. The better conference debate. Again does not look all that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    Was anyone actually debating this? West has been the better conference for some time now.
    i could tell you one person who specifically was debating this but he got banned lol

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Been a long while since the East has had a claim... in both NHL and NBA.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    I agree but to tell you the truth all else created equal this could of been a year finally where the East had a stronger or just as strong strong top four. Capitals, Penguins, Rangers and Lightening.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

West continues to be the best until East proves otherwise.

4 straight Cup Victories and 5 over past 6 years... this isn't even a debate IMO.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    West continues to be the best until East proves otherwise.

4 straight Cup Victories and 5 over past 6 years... this isn't even a debate IMO.
    But a team from the east made the finals in all of these 6 years.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    But a team from the east made the finals in all of these 6 years.
    .......................?

The West is better. They're at an obvious disadvantage already due to the amount of travel they have to go through during the season and playoffs....yet they've still come out on top 5 of 6.

Dobber Sports Genius

I guess it wasn't really the debate so much as I was shocked when I really thought about it on how easy a bottom ring team from the west would fare against the East.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This discussion generally turns into the hockey fan version of nationalism. While I agree that the West seems to have the better teams in general (look no further than the fact that even the pathetic Oilers have a good record against the East), when it gets used to discredit the high level of hockey that DOES go on in the Eastern Conference I start to just tune it out. I find a lot of the loudest in this regards come from Western Conference fans whose own teams are not even in the playoffs, as if it's some way to justify the fact that their team is garbage.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    This discussion generally turns into the hockey fan version of nationalism. While I agree that the West seems to have the better teams in general (look no further than the fact that even the pathetic Oilers have a good record against the East), when it gets used to discredit the high level of hockey that DOES go on in the Eastern Conference I start to just tune it out. I find a lot of the loudest in this regards come from Western Conference fans whose own teams are not even in the playoffs, as if it's some way to justify the fact that their team is garbage.
    Oh no I fully accept the fact my team is garbage. Heck we were the one team that lost it for the west over the last 6 years. I think there is high calibre hockey in the East still and this has to be more chance then anything. Look at the early 90's. However the power struggle is real and the West continues to have better hockey teams for the time being.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

West has been better for a long time, but I also think it's closer this year than it's been in a while.

Dobber Sports Genius

Tastes great! Less filling! Tastes great! Less filling! Tastes great! Less filling! Tastes great! Less filling!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Tastes great! Less filling! Tastes great! Less filling! Tastes great! Less filling! Tastes great! Less filling!
    Whaa?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Whaa?

"Tastes Great" or "Less Filling'? The famous Miller Lite ads of the 1970s and 1980s had no shortages of celebrities with opinions.
    http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/63816024/
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"