Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Draft - Chatter

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: 2016 NFL Draft - Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    What's this video that caused teams to pass on Tunsil?
    Somebody hacked Tunsil's twitter account and posted a snapchat video of him taking a bong hit through a gas mask. Probably cost him millions of dollars falling to 13. Perpetrator will be at serious risk of harm, both physically and litigiously.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Somebody hacked Tunsil's twitter account and posted a snapchat video of him taking a bong hit through a gas mask. Probably cost him millions of dollars falling to 13. Perpetrator will be at serious risk of harm, both physically and litigiously.
    That's so dumb. I get that teams need to be controversy free, especially teams like the Ravens and Cowboys after recent shenanigans but that's just silly. Pot should probably be mandatory for pro football players considering the punishment they endure.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

That's so dumb. I get that teams need to be controversy free, especially teams like the Ravens and Cowboys after recent shenanigans but that's just silly. Pot should probably be mandatory for pro football players considering the punishment they endure.
    Absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Absolutely agree.
    Yep, agreed.

Immediate thoughts on round one: I suspected either Coleman or Doctson could go ahead of Treadwell, but I never anticipated both going before him though I am not too surprised. Fuller going ahead of Treadwell was just an insanely bad decision in my opinion. Treadwell paired w/Hopkins would have been monumental. Fuller is a one dimensional vertical threat who isn't all that he's being hyped to be. That said, from a fantasy perspective that just means Treadwell will be a better value in drafts. Paxton Lynch to DEN is a match made in heaven. Great fit for Kubiak. Zeke to DAL...nuff said.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree that it's dumb, but these kids are dumb for even getting involved in crap like that. The NFL has been around long enough, and these kids have seen how controversy can affect things like their draft position. Why would he even put himself in that position? I have no sympathy for him at all. Dumb dumb dumb on his part; first for even doing it and second for getting a picture taken of him doing it.

As far as the actual draft goes, I love the Niners taking Buckner at 7. With Tunsil there at 7, I was hoping they wouldn't take him after all the crap they just went through with Aldon Smith and thankfully, they were smart enough to take the kid they probably had hoped for all the way leading up to the draft. I had seen Buckner as high as three on some of the "experts" mock drafts so for him to still be there at 7 was nice.

In a sad kind of way, I was hoping Tunsil would still be there when the Browns picked at 15 (he damn near was) just to see if they would actually take him or not. I mean, it is the Browns after all. I like the Coleman pick for the Browns.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I haven't read or heard any of this chatter. I believe there are some concerns about a knee injury but I don't have a good source on that.
    Fell right out of the first round, let alone the top 10.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Sometimes when I think I know what the Skins are doing, they just do exactly what I would expect them not to do.

WR at Rnd1? I dunno. I was expecting and O-Line, ILB, S, I dunno something not a WR. Most of those positions were off the board so meh. Maybe they were hoping Karl Joseph to drop? Doctson is going to be a solid WR, but I just would have thought a WR at Rnd2 made more sense.

Skins went BPA
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree that it's dumb, but these kids are dumb for even getting involved in crap like that. The NFL has been around long enough, and these kids have seen how controversy can affect things like their draft position. Why would he even put himself in that position? I have no sympathy for him at all. Dumb dumb dumb on his part; first for even doing it and second for getting a picture taken of him doing it.

As far as the actual draft goes, I love the Niners taking Buckner at 7. With Tunsil there at 7, I was hoping they wouldn't take him after all the crap they just went through with Aldon Smith and thankfully, they were smart enough to take the kid they probably had hoped for all the way leading up to the draft. I had seen Buckner as high as three on some of the "experts" mock drafts so for him to still be there at 7 was nice.

In a sad kind of way, I was hoping Tunsil would still be there when the Browns picked at 15 (he damn near was) just to see if they would actually take him or not. I mean, it is the Browns after all. I like the Coleman pick for the Browns.
    Absolutely dumb on his part but he's also a freaking kid. I don't want to be held accountable for shit I did at his age. This just pisses me off to no end when there's a massive gap between the moral implications in what he did and the actual rules and laws in place. Point being, kids ARE dumb, we should account for this, meanwhile the rules are dumber.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Titan

It was also apparently from waaaayyyy before the draft. So it’s not like he showed up high to the draft. Then the whole asking for rent money….i’m almost glad this kid stood up and said, “Yah it’s all true”. Looks like a real man to me.

I’d be more worried about his suspension and injury history than the video/texts. Sounds like the dude barely played from all the injuries he’s had.

He also lost out in like 12mill because he fell from top 3 to 13th or wherever he was picked. So hopefully this is the thing that knocks some sense into him. The further he dropped, the more teams were willing to drop him, he could be the biggest steal of the draft now. Strike that, the biggest steal is Myles Jack where ever he goes. Top 10 talent, but has knee issues.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

The Seahawks are producing an incredible draft.
    Ifedi is an instant starter and will be a stalwart on the right side for years to come. Cable could even coach him up to play LT in a year or two.
    Jarran Reed should not have been there at 49. Mid-first round grade. Elite two-gap run stuffer. Will be plugged right in to the regular rotation. Opponents will have to game plan for him on 1st and 2nd down.
    CJ Prosise is like Liam Neeson. He has a "very particular set of skills." I'm so glad he was "Taken" by the Seahawks. Elite receiving ability, will be a serious weapon as a multi-purpose back. A matchup nightmare for LBs. The Tyler Lockett of 2016.
    Vannett will give the Seahawks yet another matchup problem at TE. Elite size, was the top man at this position in the shuttle runs at Combine. Will get open constantly. Will contribute immediately.
    Odhaimbo was kind of an odd pick in the 3rd. Injury-plagued. Must like him at RG. Probably had a great private workout for the Hawks. With no 4th round pick, they probably feared losing him before the 5th.
    Expect the last 4 picks will be defense and maybe a developmental QB.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The Jags have had the best draft so far this year. 2 top 5 talents.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The Jags have had the best draft so far this year. 2 top 5 talents.
    For a rebuilding team it is a major coup. Their defense just rose to a new level.

Dobber Sports Deity

I have no issues taking a kicker in the 2nd round, especially one with the record that Aguayo has put up in college, but when you trade up to get him, that's where I start to chuckle. Well done TB.

I like the move up by the Bills to grab Reggie Ragland who was considered a potential 1st rounder. Good value there. Micheal Thomas to Saints doesn't scare me away from a Brandon Coleman breakout year. Brees is shaping up to be the QB to own for fantasy this year from a value perspective. Hackenberg to Jets doesn't make me want to sell my Bryce Petty stock either. The latter being a better talent. Looks like Jay Ajayi may be the back in MIA after all
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont know what it is but I think Jaylon Smith has to be one of the best spoken college kids from this draft. It makes me want to cheer for him even more even if he's on the Cowboys.