Thread: Elliott and Allen - more of the same, or...?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Elliott and Allen - more of the same, or...?

What do we make of Mr Elliott's playoff run, folks?

I had planned to keep Jake Allen as one of twelve keepers in one of my pools.
    To keep details to a minimum, we only roster two goalies and so it's not really worth keeping a goalie if he ain't going to get a lot of time.

So with Elliott's run, I'm starting to think we'll see more of the same from this year (and last year) - pretty much a split, with Hitch rolling with the winning/healthy goalie.

But I DO think this is Allen's job down the road, so might be willing to keep him and hope he puts up similar numbers to this past season.

Worth keeping Allen as my final keeper?

My other goalie is Rask and he'll be a keeper.

The other options as my final keeper (moved a bunch of guys out as I went for,and got the win this year) would be Teravainen, Dylan Strome, or Boedkker

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Elliott and Allen - more of the same, or...?

I could see it being more of the same from Allen, but I would think that 40 starts from him is still more valuable than the others.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm with Eskimo, I think it will be more of the same (and by more of the same I mean "Who knows?"), but I'd rather have Allen over those others just in case it does end up swinging back in his direction.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Sage

Congrats on the win. I think we will see the same situation play out until Elliott's term expires. Nonetheless, I would keep Allen over the other options you listed. He will still get at least half the starts over the course of next year, and the following year he should make his move.

Dobber Sports Master

I think I would steer clear of either of those goalies until one of them gets traded. Both of them are capable to doing the job. That gives the coach a lot of flexibility to make sure goalies have plenty of gas left come playoff time. I dont think its beneficial for team to let their goalie play 65+ games a year. If I have two good goalies, playing them both would be my tactic in real life. This will hurt their fantasy value.