Thread: Carlos Gomez for Steven Matz

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Carlos Gomez for Steven Matz

Straight up Gomez for Matz.

Standard H2H Yahoo keeper league scoring with the addition of holds.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, NA, NA

Roster below:
    J.T. Realmuto Mia - C
    Freddie Freeman Atl - 1B
    Robinson Canó Sea - 2B
    Nolan Arenado Col - 3B
    Addison Russell ChC - 2B,SS
    Ryan Braun Mil - OF
    Starling Marte Pit - OF
    Christian Yelich Mia - OF
    Corey Dickerson TB - OF
    Miguel Sano Min - 3B,OF
    Jorge Soler ChC - OF
    Byron Buxton Min - OF - NA

Pitching
    Chris Archer TB - SP
    Danny Salazar Cle - SP
    José Fernández Mia - SP
    Shawn Tolleson Tex - RP
    Santiago Casilla SF - RP
    Sonny Gray Oak - SP
    Drew Storen Tor - RP
    Kenta Maeda LAD - SP
    Vince Velásquez Phi - SP,RP
    Steven Matz NYM - SP
    José Berrios Min - SP
    Tyler Glasnow Pit - SP

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Carlos Gomez for Steven Matz

I easily take the upside on Gomez here. That being said, it hugely loads your roster on OF. You should be looking to deal at least one of those for some IF backup or a closer/setup man.
    Maybe try shopping Yelich?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I have to disagree with EB here. I wouldn't trade Matz for Gomez because I simply dont trust Gomez. He had his issues last year staying healthy and this year he's off to a terrible start.

Matz has nice upside in a keeper league. I'd rather own him or at the very least, I'd look for a more reliable player to deal him for.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I have to disagree with EB here. I wouldn't trade Matz for Gomez because I simply dont trust Gomez. He had his issues last year staying healthy and this year he's off to a terrible start.

Matz has nice upside in a keeper league. I'd rather own him or at the very least, I'd look for a more reliable player to deal him for.
    I can completely understand that side too. I was assuming that it wasn't a full keeper, and that this ended up being more of a likely one year of Matz kind of thing. Also with the amount of outfielders meyer has, he could easily cover for Gomez if an injury were to occur.

It's tough on the baseball forums, because if you end up with two conflicting opinions, there isn't always more help coming to be able to sway the decision.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Have no fear, help is here!

Matz is an excellent return for Gomez at this point. A lot of the experts are worried that Gomez is trending in the wrong direction and won't be able to bounce back. I would expect nothing more than 20/20 with a poor average from Gomez going forward (which isn't anything to scoff at). Matz on the other hand is young and tearing it up on a good young team. OF is an easier position to fill, so I'm taking Matz here.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the advice. Its a 9 player keeper league so the chances I keep Matz would be low.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Have no fear, help is here!

Matz is an excellent return for Gomez at this point. A lot of the experts are worried that Gomez is trending in the wrong direction and won't be able to bounce back. I would expect nothing more than 20/20 with a poor average from Gomez going forward (which isn't anything to scoff at). Matz on the other hand is young and tearing it up on a good young team. OF is an easier position to fill, so I'm taking Matz here.
    Appreciate the tie breaker. Maybe I do have a bit of a soft spot for Gomez after he was part of a winning team of mine a few years ago that netted me a big pot.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyer View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Its a 9 player keeper league so the chances I keep Matz would be low.
    Fair enough. I still dont like Gomez and think you could do better for Matz.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Fair enough. I still dont like Gomez and think you could do better for Matz.
    And you WOULD keep Gomez?

Sorry, that was supposed to be directed at the OP