Thread: New league / Roaring 20's

Dobber Sports Master

Default New league / Roaring 20's

Ok -the people have spoken and the desire seems to be fresh draft from scratch instead of my original idea .

so heres a mixture of thoughts ranging from my experience to a brief outline of what the league should be about .

-dynasty league with 1920's themed logos from nhl,nha or pchl--league name will be Roaring 20's
    -fantrax premium will be used so in order to buy a team/show initial commitment you will have to chip in your share (79.99/12 gm's for approx 7 bucks US)
    -I do play in some $ leagues but I only play dynasty leagues as a for fun hobby-if thats your thing too , then great .
    -30 round draft for starter/bench spots then a 20 round farm draft .A 24 hour slow live draft clock will be used .
    -Starter/bench draft = 70 gp or more for F/D and 35 or more gp for goalies to qualify .
    -Farm draft = under 70 gp for F/D and under 35 gp for goalies.
    -Will use a reputable draft randomizer tool to establish draft order - would ensure it sends email to all gm's for transparency.
    -Draft order for the FARM TEAM draft would be reverse order of the STARTER/BENCH draft .
    -This is a fairly big commit for all of us - 50 ROUNDS of slow live drafting will require you to participate by checking progress throughout each day until done .
    -If you dont have access to a computer/smartphone for several hours a day then maybe a slow live draft isnt for you .
    -I commish 2 successful dynasty leagues - one heading into season 6 , the other season 3 .
    -Scoring system slightly different in this league than my other 2 dynasty leagues.
    -I dont put up with inactivity and can smell a bad situation a mile away - you will be in good hands if being in a well organized league is a priority.
    -A handful of gm's from my 2 dynasty leagues will probably be in this league .
    -Head to Head v.s all 11 teams each week so your record will range from 11-0 to 0-11 .
    -Playoffs Semis and finals are both 2 weeks apiece so it takes a bit of the fluke out of it .
    -4 IR spots , Will use the fantrax IR enforcement tool with setting @ 2 days .
    -I like having a league googlesite to post history of events , winners etc. So , the nuts and bolts will obviously be at FANTRAX but a little website is cool to visit once in awhile.
    -I posted 12 different logos to the right - feel free to grab one of them or inform me of something tasteful from the 1910/20's era from nhl/nha/pchl.
    -I can be swayed into some modest tweaks/ideas if they are presented in a reasonable manner .
    -not a fan of fellas that join leagues and start barking out complaints about general outline of league-if your impolite to me or fellow gm's you'd be replaced.

league googlesite https://sites.google.com/site/theroa...entiesfhl/home

butch-seattle metropolitans
    jeff-detroit cougars
    james-renfrew creamery kings
    bob-toronto st.pats
    slats-quebec bulldogs
    corey-montreal wanderers
    mike-ny americans
    howie-hamilton tigers
    dan-montreal maroons
    magnus-vancouver millionaires
    ronald-spokane canaries
    hanz-

1 spot left

8 who have joined are either in my 2 dynasty leagues or someone I've played against in the past........so thats a great start.
    Last edited by butch; May 15, 2016 at 8:38 AM.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New league / Roaring 20's

bump-2 spots left , everyone chomping at the bit to start pro section of the draft.

Dobber Sports Master

one spot left -if you've been on the fence , nows the time to climb over.

Dobber Sports Master

filled up