Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nice choice on the player selection for the cover art on the front page!!

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Nice choice on the player selection for the cover art on the front page!!

I love the new banner on the front page!

Keep up the good work guys!

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Nice choice on the player selection for the cover art on the front page!!

Tough call not having Ovie in there, but these are the real faces of the game.
    Always a visually friendly page for first thing in the morning ramblings visits.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Nice choice on the player selection for the cover art on the front page!!

The Wolverine

Isn't this usually done as a competition?

Dobber Sports Stud

WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Isn't this usually done as a competition?
    Yes. Players actually fought with weapons. These four won.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If there was ever a sarcasm battle, you would be the undisputed champion.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

No Jamie Benn or Patrick Kane (Art Ross winners in 2015 and 2016). No Alex Ovechkin (Rocket Richard winner for the last two years). I know you can't have everybody up there, but I think one of these three should be there to replace McDavid. Don't get me wrong, McDavid has been a big story this year just being in the league, but he hasn't won anything yet, and hasn't even been in the playoffs yet as his team continues to stink.
    I'm wondering how these decisions are/were made? Maybe Dobber would consider a vote from members! And if I missed that vote, then shame on me. LOL!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    No Jamie Benn or Patrick Kane (Art Ross winners in 2015 and 2016). No Alex Ovechkin (Rocket Richard winner for the last two years). I know you can't have everybody up there, but I think one of these three should be there to replace McDavid. Don't get me wrong, McDavid has been a big story this year just being in the league, but he hasn't won anything yet, and hasn't even been in the playoffs yet as his team continues to stink.
    I'm wondering how these decisions are/were made? Maybe Dobber would consider a vote from members! And if I missed that vote, then shame on me. LOL!
    I'd say McDavid is there because of the excitement around him, which is a big part of what sells in fantasy. Ovie, Tarasenko, Benn, Seguin Tavares, Malkin or Kane or take your pick could easily be up there, but as far as hype and excitement around the league and fantasy these days, McDavid is the man. Also probably the top dynasty own, so there's that angle too.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Haha.

But seriously, previous competitions really engaged these forums, so I wonder why it wasn't done again. It feels like a missed opportunity to me.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Ovie, Tarasenko, Benn, Seguin Tavares, Malkin or Kane or take your pick could easily be up there,
    In the next version, I would have Kane, Benn, Tank and one of Seguin/Tavares/Burns or a top goalie. Ovie has already made the last banner so I doubt he is repeated anytime soon. Then again, anything can change from one year to the next, where a player is a superstar 1 day and the next, he's struggling to score at .5ppg...
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

The Wolverine

Haha.

But seriously, previous competitions really engaged these forums, so I wonder why it wasn't done again. It feels like a missed opportunity to me.
    I would still like to know the reason. It can really make a difference on these forums.

Dobber Sports Giant

I would still like to know the reason. It can really make a difference on these forums.
    Send a PM to Dobber; I assume only he has that answer

Minors:

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Send a PM to Dobber; I assume only he has that answer
    Oh I agree and I know but figured I'd keep the subject public in case it came up again, and he noticed this thread.

I...am your father.

I just saw this post

This year I wanted to pick them, so I said to Glen "please do A, B, C and D" - done. I didn't want one of those players off the banner this year, it's a big year for pushing new traffic and this is the first impression that I want. The competition was great, Gates took the helm on that one. But this year, I wanted it 100% my picks

I appreciate the kind words everyone!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi