Thread: Emulators for Android tablets

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Emulators for Android tablets

I just bought an Amazon Fire 7inch (5th gen) tablet from a Best Buy Express vending machine at the airport before my flight yesterday. I was passing by the machine as I had time to kill before boarding and saw that they were selling the tablet for $50. I did a quick review search on my phone and read decent reviews on it. For that price, I just couldn't pass it up. I saw a couple of posts that also said that you could install emulators on it to play NES, SNES and other classic console games.

I know you have to turn the settings off in regards to unauthorized downloads but I was just wondering if it was safe to do so and if so, which sites were good to get emulators and roms? Any help/advice/instructions would be much appreciated!

Also, if you have any other info on Android tablets such as this one, feel free to exchange about it here.

Thanks
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Emulators for Android tablets

If you go to the Google Play Store on your device, do a search for NES Emulator for example and you'll find plenty of apps you can download and install on your tablet to play some classic games. NES Emulator is one I use and it's perfectly safe.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    If you go to the Google Play Store on your device, do a search for NES Emulator for example and you'll find plenty of apps you can download and install on your tablet to play some classic games. NES Emulator is one I use and it's perfectly safe.
    For some reason, it's not letting me download anything from Google play (App is not in the Amazon
    Store and it is not allowing me to do it from the browser either). Any way around this?
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Stud

You can get the software by downloading and installing the APK. Just open up the browser on your device and search for "NES emulator APK", go to any site that looks legit and download the APK and install it on your device. You just have to tap on the file to install it once it's downloaded. You can get one here:

http://www.androidappsgame.com/free-nes-emulator
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think you need to disable a setting to allow you to install APK files. haven't owned an android in a while so just going off memory.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    You can get the software by downloading and installing the APK. Just open up the browser on your device and search for "NES emulator APK", go to any site that looks legit and download the APK and install it on your device. You just have to tap on the file to install it once it's downloaded. You can get one here:

http://www.androidappsgame.com/free-nes-emulator
    Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i think you need to disable a setting to allow you to install APK files. haven't owned an android in a while so just going off memory.
    Good stuff! I will give it a try tonight after work. I have had my iPad 2 forever now and I wanted to give this one a try. Until now, I'm pretty satisfied, especially for the price!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Giant

Sweet!! It works! The controls are horrible though so I'll most likely get a Bluetooth game pad, but just the fact that I now have my old classics on a tablet is gold to me!!

Thanks again for the feedback

- One happy nostalgic gamer

Minors: