Thread: Reimer or Bernier

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Reimer or Bernier

For a dynasty, who do you prefer? Reimer or Bernier? 24 team Dynasty league..

PS. yes i know neither are that good.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Reimer or Bernier

If it's another NHL goalie with any starter potential vs Bernier, I will pretty much go with the other NHL goalie 99% of the time than recommend Bernier.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Reimer for me.....even if ends up being 1B his spot starts will be better than Bernier's.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Sage

Probably Reimer, though Bernier really played well in the last month of the season. We need to see where some people sign before we can know for sure whose outlook is brighter. Add Stamkos, Matthews/Laine, one or two more great prospects and Nikita Zaitsev to the Leafs, have Babcock do his thing and coach them up, and we are all of the sudden talking about a viable NHL team here.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Probably Reimer, though Bernier really played well in the last month of the season. We need to see where some people sign before we can know for sure whose outlook is brighter. Add Stamkos, Matthews/Laine, one or two more great prospects and Nikita Zaitsev to the Leafs, have Babcock do his thing and coach them up, and we are all of the sudden talking about a viable NHL team here.
    See thats what i was thinking..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Are we talking about their wives or their goaltending abilities??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    This right here. At the start of the season I wouldn't have taken Reimer over Bernier, but Bernier just couldn't keep up with Reimer's production (which also wasn't that good, but better than Bernier). But I caution putting too much stock in the San Jose Reimer. I believe Reimer is better than Skrivens, but San Jose (much like LA) is a place goalies SHOULD be able to thrive. So not sure how well he does next year (in Calgary let's say... couldn't be the similar and parallel universe as Skrivens to LA... HYPE... TO Edmonton... esh... to Montreal ... Scrap heap.

Bernier was pretty darn good in LA too!

Having said all that, I feel as good as Reimer Fans WANT to be believe he is, I still have an issue in his inability to gobble up and manage the rebound. He still tends to kick those out like a Soccer Goalie trying to clear his Crease.

Back to original post, Reimer for me (knee jerk) but I like the way Toronto is developing... and more so than the unknown for Reimer, so My Brain says Take a flyer with Bernier.

(man... I nearly confused myself there).

Dobber Sports Titan

I would go with Bernier as well until Reimer gets a starting gig/Toronto trades for Andersen. After that, I would definitely have to re-evaluate based on where they each end up and the likely time share.
    All things being equal, Reimer has a slight edge.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Reimer to CGY as a 1B to a re-signed Ramo seems like a legit thing. Reimer and Burke have a history and CGY is one of the few places that need help in goal.

If this holds true, I think I'd go with Bernier over Reimer too. Despite every piece of logic & integrity in my body arguing against it.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Monster

A lot is up in the air. Im sure the Leafs will at least explore getting rid of Bernier, and Reimer could end up anywhere. Or, the Leafs could keep Bernier and add a bona fide starter. So I can't really answer this right now, but in terms of who I think is a better goalie, I think I'll go with Reimer.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

I think I'd go with Reimer for the chance he ends up on a good team for next year. Bernier is likely stuck in Toronto for another year and then who knows?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust