Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Really Early Keeper help

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Really Early Keeper help

I personally don't think Rask is worth keeping, and I think he's pretty much shown that over the last 2 seasons.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think there's a consensus on Backstrom, Stamkos, Tarasenko, Karlsson and Rask. After that, it's a toss-up for me between Voracek, josi, and OEL. Really you can't go wrong with any of those so flip, uh, a three sided coin. I probably lean toward Josi. OEL had a great year but I can't imagine he's often going to put up 96 PIM and his points were a career high this year.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I personally don't think Rask is worth keeping, and I think he's pretty much shown that over the last 2 seasons.
    Ya, I’m almost tempted to keep Andersen over Rask if he’s traded to let’s say the Leafs. But then I think he could be an easy re-draft if that happens.

Thanks guys.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya, I’m almost tempted to keep Andersen over Rask if he’s traded to let’s say the Leafs. But then I think he could be an easy re-draft if that happens.

Thanks guys.
    If he's traded to the Leafs I wouldn't. If he's traded to like. Calgary or Dallas, I would.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Maybe I'm a bit conservative but I'd still call Rask a keeper despite his disappointing season, personally. In a keep 6 I suspect a lot of top-end goalies are being kept and Rask is still a good bet for a lot of starts, 30+ wins, and average/above average GAA/sv% in any given season. Not sure what's wrong with his numbers last season, either. He was top-10 in sv%, top-15 in GAA, and #2 in saves. Pretty sure those were the categories?

There's a big risk in letting him go or taking Andersen, in that Rask is a bona-fide #1 with no real competition. Andersen keeps getting stuck in 1a/1b situations, plus we don't know where he will wind up next year. Anyways yeah, Rask's not the best option these days but he's better than having to gamble on getting a guy who will start less than 50 games and leave you having to also grab the handcuff. Because I tried to do that this year and let me tell you, it doesn't always work out.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Maybe I'm a bit conservative but I'd still call Rask a keeper despite his disappointing season, personally. In a keep 6 I suspect a lot of top-end goalies are being kept and Rask is still a good bet for a lot of starts, 30+ wins, and average/above average GAA/sv% in any given season. Not sure what's wrong with his numbers last season, either. He was top-10 in sv%, top-15 in GAA, and #2 in saves. Pretty sure those were the categories?

There's a big risk in letting him go or taking Andersen, in that Rask is a bona-fide #1 with no real competition. Andersen keeps getting stuck in 1a/1b situations, plus we don't know where he will wind up next year. Anyways yeah, Rask's not the best option these days but he's better than having to gamble on getting a guy who will start less than 50 games and leave you having to also grab the handcuff. Because I tried to do that this year and let me tell you, it doesn't always work out.
    Well, this is a "really early" keeper help, so we will know where Andersen is playing by the time he has to decide. In a keep 6 there are maybe only 5 or 6 goalies I would consider keeping, especially when only 4 of 11 categories are goalie cats.

As for his numbers this season, 0.915 Sv% and 2.56 GAA are perfectly......average stats. On a Boston team that's clearly getting worse not better. If a lot of goalies get kept, than the OP can always just redraft Rask. Given the choices of keepers the OP has, I would need an elite goalie to choose said goalie over them. I think Andersen as a workhorse starter can be elite. I don't think Rask is anymore.

Dobber Sports Titan

Thanks all for answering, I repped who I could.

If I remember to I’ll re-open this in September and see what happens. I’ll prolly dangle someone out for the No1 pick to pick Matthews if he is a Leaf….But that’s me as a fan talking, not me as a Fantasy GM talking.

Super early talks for sure lol. As “for sures” it’s Stamkos, backstrom, Karlsson, and Tarasenko with Rask, OEL, Josi, and Voracek lobbying for the last two spots.

Thanks again guys. Y’all are gems.

Dobber Sports Titan

New things since this opened up. Couture being a man possessed during the playoffs, and Andersen become a Leaf and signing a deal that makes him the No1 goalie.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    New things since this opened up. Couture being a man possessed during the playoffs, and Andersen become a Leaf and signing a deal that makes him the No1 goalie.
    Things have happened, and maybe you can get more for those players now, but it doesn't change my list.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

I definitely think Andersen in TO helps his trade value. There's a Leafs homer in every league, right? Maybe package him with a keeper forward for an upgrade.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso