Poll: Caps or Penguins?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Metro Division Final: Washington Capitals vs Pittsburgh Penguins

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Metro Division Final: Washington Capitals vs Pittsburgh Penguins

Great opening game, man this is going to be a great series.

Tricky video review to end the game. First, I was stunned that the ref called it a goal on the ice given his angle and the fact that refs rarely call a good goal unless they are positive its in. I think the review ultimately made the right call but at the same time was surprised they allowed it to stand given that there wasn't a real clear shot of the puck over the line. I wonder if they would have upheld a no goal call on the same play given the relative inconclusiveness of the video. Can't wait for game 2 of this series.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Does Oshies value go up for anyone? Not just because of this game but his play in general. Do you think he will be more comfortable in year 2 with the caps? I have him or Mrazek as my last keeper. Anyway didn't want to hijack the thread. The better team one. Let's go Caps!
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Great opening game, man this is going to be a great series.

Tricky video review to end the game. First, I was stunned that the ref called it a goal on the ice given his angle and the fact that refs rarely call a good goal unless they are positive its in. I think the review ultimately made the right call but at the same time was surprised they allowed it to stand given that there wasn't a real clear shot of the puck over the line. I wonder if they would have upheld a no goal call on the same play given the relative inconclusiveness of the video. Can't wait for game 2 of this series.
    I'm pretty sure the call was standing either way. The NHL seems to have an issue announcing inconclusive. The NFL does it more. Lots of times in the NFL, if the video is inconclusive, the ref will basically say that and then announce the call on the field stands> In the NHL they never really say that, they just say the decision.

Dobber Sports Sage

Very entertaining game 2.

Was happy to see Orpik's guy tip in the game winner. Orpik should have been thrown out after his hit on Maatta. What was Orpik complaining about after he hit him?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

An excellent team win - way to go boys! Malkin had some noticeable jump to his game, which is awesome to see. I hope the guys can carry this momentum into the next game to take that one down too.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Caps really took over tonight but just couldn't get it done. They kept referring to it on the broadcast....but some definite puck luck for the Penguins tonight.

Dobber Sports Expert

Penguins were terrible today, i still have no clue how they won that game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiens2099 View Post
    When the Pens win you will all owe Murray an apology
    Tried to tell you doubters, Murray is the real deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Penguins were terrible today, i still have no clue how they won that game.
    One word: Murray

Dobber Sports Genius

Dammit. Caps got robbed out of that one. They need to just continue to bring that effort next game and not get discouraged. Any other game without some bad puck luck and an amazing effort by Murray and they bury the team.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Banned

Murray!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Oh yeah. A couple wins we haven't really deserved. Crosby needs to step up - when that happens look out. In other news, Pens in three!
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports All-Star

When do playoff poolies start dumping their caps?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Banned

The caps failed to beat the pens with no letang out there, they deserve to be down 3-1

Dobber Sports Ace

Woot woot! I expect the Caps to come back hard but it is still very awesome to be ahead in this series.

Dobber Sports Ace

Kessel scores!

The Pens lead 1-0

This is the start that the Pens needed, now let's hope that they can keep it up.